• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Back Window Broken on my T-Bird

igiveup

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hello
I gave my wife my T-Bird and she loves the car. So today while she is running around with our daughter a rock flys out of a dump truck bounces on the road and takes out my back window with the kid sitting in the back and shatters my back window. Call around for a new one and they want $535 installed for it. Local junk yard has one that he will be pulling in the morning. I got it all cleaned out old glass and rubber but what a mess I made so now it will need a new paint job.
the wife is happy about the paint job because the car is going from white to tweety yellow (Not my idea).

igiveup

bmosso3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
happened to my mom once, but the dump truck was in front of her and lost some of his rocks. She was driving an alfa romeo that my dad totally rebuilt. He got injured working when they were still dating (20 years ago at least), and she was taking care of him but had to go to college classes during the day. he got to the point where he was so bored that he bought a car from the junkyard, hid it in the garage (it was basically a rust bucket on wheels) and worked on it every day while she was in class. Then one day she got really mad at him when he asked what was for dinner. She asked him what he did all day so he showed her.

But yeah, the front windshield and hood had to be replaced and the truck driver got fined for unsafe load. Did your wife get his liscence plate?

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Good Lord guys. That sucks. I hardly ever hear of that kind of stuff happening around here. I always try to keep my distance from rigs. But I do love to help them out by scaring idiots out of the truck's blind spots. Hope it all works out for you.

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
What year T-bird???? A lady I knew had a 63 and had a hell of a time finding a front and rear window

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
If you have glass insurance, it covers all of the glass, not just the windshield.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals