• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

and you call yourself a ford guy!

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
If it helps any my CBR is painted Chrome Yellow by Ford.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I dont think I would call that a bailout per se.....

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article5611933.ece#
thats a commercial loan not a gov't bailout.
They also got some money (5 billion i think) from the DOE, but that was also a loan and Nissan got some too.
i stand corrected. that does indeed change what they did. they BORROWED money from BANKS to secure theirselves, and thanks to careful money managment and good investments is still running strong as far as not recieving a bailout. i like what they said about not taking taxpayers cash unless the world implodes. haha.
plus, about the borow part. gm and chrysler both recieved a bailout, not a loan. so they took taxpayers money. not borrowed it. ford however is payin it back. another reason i like ford. maybe has to do with the fact that fords are so ,much more money than chevs tho. but at least when gm closes down( if it ever happens) you will still be able to buy parts for you ford, cause they will still be open.
so theoretically,
we, the people, have payed the governement to keep fords competition running. which we dont really like anyways. that, is rdiculous. however, there is the aspect of hundreds of thousand of gm employee's jobs to consider.
i think ford should have taken advantage of gms weakness and tryed to buy "silverado"
or maybe the "duramax"
lol. cause then ford could have pretty much taken over chev. that'll be the day, when ford owns chevs. maybe im thinkin rediculous but it would be fun rubbing it in to all my chevy lovin friends
i just think too many people are getting paid too much to do nothing. similair to government. dam.
lets not get started with that

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I'm a Ford/Mopar guy mostly but most brands have something I like.

I love my B2 and I love my Dakota, it's a true midsize, it has a V8 with plenty of aftermarket support. It's easy to work on and gets good mileage.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I'm a Ford/Mopar guy mostly but most brands have something I like.

I love my B2 and I love my Dakota, it's a true midsize, it has a V8 with plenty of aftermarket support. It's easy to work on and gets good mileage.
A V8 Dakota that gets good mileage?!?! Surely you jest. my V6 Dakota got 15 mpg and my V8 Dakota got 14 mpg (both 5spd and 4wd).

I like my 6.5 TD Silverado, big block power and 20 mpg but I would still rather have an F250 with a pre -powerstroke DI turbo 7.3L (thats right..... DI not IDI) or a powerstroke but I just can't afford one..... atleast not one in as good of shape as either of the GM trucks I have.

I have just given up on ever being able to afford a new car anyways so the point is moot.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Everybody borrows money to secure themselves. That's what banks are for. That's what the idea of the stock market is. No company can afford themselves.

I'm an RBV guy for a few simple reasons. I'm not a Ford fan. I like the early RBVs because of their simplicity and toughness. It's a practical reason--just like everything else I own. We have a Honda as a primary family car because in our experience they never fail. We've had one sonce '99 and never had so much as a lightbulb go out so we'll continue that. I bought my GM pickup because I knew from my military years that the 6.2 had great mileage and I could use it for a daily driver. It's proven itself as well. My International bus--I wanted the in-line motor for easy of maintenance and I wanted a manual shift because I never want to benchpress an Allison. None of my vehicles are COOL. My Chevy pickup is 2wd and has hubcaps. My Honda Civic has 76hp.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
A V8 Dakota that gets good mileage?!?! Surely you jest. my V6 Dakota got 15 mpg and my V8 Dakota got 14 mpg (both 5spd and 4wd).
15-20 :bye:

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I like the gen 1 and 2's, but I got a 2002 Ranger because I just prefer the design. I'd still get a second Ranger that is a gen 1 or 2 as a second truck in a second if I could. I found a 87 Ranger 4x4 that is in decent shape. It just has a bad rear end for $1200. Trying to get them to lower the price on it.It would make a great off roader.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Honda Civic has 76hp.
:icon_rofl:
i guess milage is what matters.
i agree companies borrow to secure themselves. makes you wonder why gm and chrysler didn't follow suit.

i've never heard anything bad about the allison. i know diesels and automatics dont like each other but...

fili450r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
hey, under 100 hp doesnt mean it cant be fun either! we have a 1916 vw dune buggy that will pull the front wheels in 1st and 2nd. and it might have 89 hp? if its lucky

willied

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V8
Transmission
Automatic
hey, under 100 hp doesnt mean it cant be fun either! we have a 1916 vw dune buggy that will pull the front wheels in 1st and 2nd. and it might have 89 hp? if its lucky
And that weighs like 7 pounds. :D

thehotwire

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm a ford man through and through,
I'll outrun chevys till my hearts black and blue

orfordguy@yahoo.com

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Engine Size
The bigger the better
Transmission
Manual
My credo
i know something about almost everything but not everything about anything.
ford fans

my first car aka truck was a 74 f100 with a 390 4bbl c6 4X2. I currentky own 6 fords 3 fullsize, the ranger, a taurus and a 59 convertible... theres also 2 more projects lined up if i can find good donors the first is a 4X2 71-72 f350 custom dually rv puller, the second a 60-85 wagoneer with bronco axle and ford drive train cut up to be a rock buggy...my first car was a ford and so will the last i own be....:icon_cheers:

2002BlackEdge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i know im prob gonna get sh!t for this but, im really not a ford guy, granted i have owned 4 ford vehicles and 2 were rangers, im more of a GM guy, but i love ford trucks....and since the only things i can see my self in is an f-body, vette or truck, theres not much in the GM line i would buy for myself, my next vehichle is gonna either be a camaro or an f-150....reguardless they are both American.....if we can even say that anymore....
very very very few imports will catch my attention....

phatdaddy

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
Transmission
Manual
I have owned every brand that poor people can and I have always been happiest with the ford. My wife and I got a 98 ford taurus in 02 and 200,000 later we are still happy. I have owned so many fords that I did not have to work on and had to sell because we need the money more then a extra truck.I am a roofer so we work the shit out of our trucks and we all drive fords because of the durability. All that being said every car/truck brand has its highs and low points, but for me its Ford or nothing .

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
its hard i really like the new f150s but i really like the new nissan titans with the 5.7 but i really want a diesel so i would probably buy an f250

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals