• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

and you call yourself a ford guy!

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ya Im not seein any $20 grand difference for similar equiped trucks from any of the D3.
That said I prefer Ford but i like a huge variety of vehicles, I look more at individual models than the manufacter. Of course with all the bailout nonsense I have trouble wanting to support GM or Chrysler. Ford has the Raptor, the Taurus SHO, the fusion, and I actually like the Flex (what can I say, i like wagons). Chevy's got the Camaro and the Volt.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I am a Ford man. I work for Ford, went to school for Ford, we have owned 1 nissan, 1 chevy, 1 volvo, and about 5 FLM vehicles in my life and to tell the truth, the Fords were always the best. The only real issuses we have ever had with them was the 4x4 on our 97 F-150 broke a lot, the vac lines for the hubs kept rotting out, and then this spring the AC compressor on my mom's mariner grenaded.

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hell yeah I'm a Ford guy and I'm proud to say it. If I took a picture out my kitchen window overlooking the driveway you'll see my two mustangs and the ranger. You'd also see my GF's Honda that she bought before we started dating, so I won't hold it against her. I've also owned a number of cars over the years of just about every make and I keep coming back to Ford. The reason for this is that they last longer than anything else and are easier to work on.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Im mainly a ford guy, only reason i bought a colorado over a ranger was because finding a base 2wd 5sp crank window ranger is impossible.

But hell, i like any of the old trucks, or old cars. IMO trucks began going downhill for Ford after the 79 Model year, 87 for GM, and 93 for dodge.

I would pay 50 grand if it meant i could get a BRAND NEW 77-79 3/4ton Ford 4wd with a 460, 4sp, and 4.11's.

later,
Dustin

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I look to Ford first. If there's minor differences, I'll still side with the Ford and mess with it afterwards.

$20K? To be honest I'd probably look elsewhere. or it'd better have something pretty damn special/better to be worth $20K more.

Of course the third option (being my "Built not Bought" nature), is to buy a classic and spiff it up real nice. I like a more utilitarian layout anyways. $20K will buy alot of truck stuff.

I currently have a '01 Saturn SL as well. Been one of the best cars my family has owned, I'm rather broken up about Saturn's dissolving... I would have definitely bought another one of those.

...only reason i bought a colorado over a ranger was because finding a base 2wd 5sp crank window ranger is impossible.
I'm actually going to convert mine to manual cranks. Tired of pissing with the electric windows. Why everyone feels that pushing a button is so much easier rather than turning a crank is beyond me... Hell of alot less parts to go wrong.

Last edited:

scott5640

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i am a ford guy, but i like any other truck out there, as long as i get from point a(my house) to point b(trails)

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
i am a ford guy, but i like any other truck out there, as long as i get from point a(my house) to point b(trails)
the important part is getting from point B back to point A under its own power actually

but anyways, i'm a fan of ford trucks all the way. other than that i like older ford and chevy fullsize cars

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
I'm a fan of old ford trucks. I don't put much faith in the new F150 line.
But I did have a Chevy for a work truck, all I did was replace the cv joints on the front end. About 6 times in 90,000 miles. If the company had not made me drive it till it was traded off, I would have sold it. What a piece of crap it was. I have had nothing but F350 since with service beds. Even though the triton v is weak as hell, It has never needed nothing but brakes.
When it comes to trucks I am loyal to fords.
Now as far as cars go I have almost every make with quite a few models.

Now If I could just go back in time and stop myself from selling the Cuda....
Stupid Fuucking kid that I was! Why the hell did I do that!

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Ive owned a bunch of different stuff through the years, Chevy-Ford-Toyota-Dodge-Nissan-Datsun-Oldsmobile, and they have both weak and strong points. I was a Chevy guy as a young lad but soon found out that buying that first Ford was the smartest decision I had ever made.

The Fords Ive had were just better and easy to work on. (Well except for the Tempo) LOL

I raced the hobby stock on the local dirt track and got to see a ton of inhuman vehicular abuse on a weekly basis. I must say, the Ford Probes were pretty stout little cars as were the 8 valve Camrys of pre-1988.

The old 1982 F150 straight 6 I had was as tough as nails and saw no remorse, but still kept on keepin on. In fact, I would still be driving it if I hadnt traded it for the 86 BII.

My first choice will always be Ford. (preferrably no newer than 1988) If I had that kind of money for a brand new F350 I would by a bunch of old Rangers and F250s to fix up first.

After all, what is more beautiful than a 1977 F250 slinging mud?

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have driven other makes before, and I'll drive other makes again. But I'll always have loyalty for Ford vehicles because:

1. I was born, raised, and still live in Dearborn, Michigan - the city where Henry Ford started this gig.

2. Ford has stayed loyal to Dearborn.

3. I have numerous family members who are currently employed by Ford.

4. My grandfather brought home the bacon for a wife and 7 children by working for Ford.

5. Ford is the reason why my grandmother never had to worry about money in the 20+ years she lived after my grandfather died.

6. Ford didn't need no stinkin' bailout.

7. Ford has always had the best lineup of trucks. And these days their cars are just as good.

8. I love the RBV.

Yes, I'm a Ford guy.
are you aware ford recieved a bailout numerous years before the other big 3 names? hence the reason they didn't need it now. although they didn't get as much fact remains.

Brand loyalty is dumb.

Any gearhead worth anything will respect anything well built.

That being said, most everything stock sucks to me.

I mean, I prefer ford, but I've been tempted lately by pre-85 toys and I'd give up my ranger for a 60's blazer or another scout II (or scout) in a freakin hearbeat.
i think ignorant brand loyalty is dumb. like when my friends who cant tell the difference between a cavalier and a toyota pickup and somehow they are 100% sure chevys are better than ford. mostly cause most chev guys are assholes. which is why theres no thechevystation.com.

however if a guy buys 2 or 3 fords, has lots of problems then buys a chev and it works great(not that it would ever happen) he'd be inclined to think chevs are better.

Ya Im not seein any $20 grand difference for similar equiped trucks from any of the D3.
That said I prefer Ford but i like a huge variety of vehicles, I look more at individual models than the manufacter. Of course with all the bailout nonsense I have trouble wanting to support GM or Chrysler. Ford has the Raptor, the Taurus SHO, the fusion, and I actually like the Flex (what can I say, i like wagons). Chevy's got the Camaro and the Volt.
the base prices are similair but chev is offering like 15000 dollar discounts on 09's where as ford has just "cash for clunkers". chev offers cash for clunkers, clearout discounts, and loyalty discount.. before discounts the gmc was about 39,995 i think and had a 3300 dollar cash for clunkers, 1000 dollar gm loyalty and a 10000 or a little more discount for shits and giggles. also, the trucks were very similair equipped. 09 f150, 4.6 auto 4x4 crew cab. power locks,windows, vinyl seats, e shift 4x4. (sotf)
09 gmc cc 4x4 4.8 auto and he offered to outfit it with the wheels i wanted at no extra cost (cause the base option ones look like crap)
ford was 42,995+tax, gmc was 24, 495+tax. thats a big ass difference. only differences were ford had auto shift 4x4 and power windows, where gmc had floor shift 4x4 and manual windows(oddly)
Im mainly a ford guy, only reason i bought a colorado over a ranger was because finding a base 2wd 5sp crank window ranger is impossible.

But hell, i like any of the old trucks, or old cars. IMO trucks began going downhill for Ford after the 79 Model year, 87 for GM, and 93 for dodge.

I would pay 50 grand if it meant i could get a BRAND NEW 77-79 3/4ton Ford 4wd with a 460, 4sp, and 4.11's.

later,
Dustin
dude, lookin for a 4 banger reg cab manual window ranger? they have about 50 here.

Ive owned a bunch of different stuff through the years, Chevy-Ford-Toyota-Dodge-Nissan-Datsun-Oldsmobile, and they have both weak and strong points. I was a Chevy guy as a young lad but soon found out that buying that first Ford was the smartest decision I had ever made.

The Fords Ive had were just better and easy to work on. (Well except for the Tempo) LOL

I raced the hobby stock on the local dirt track and got to see a ton of inhuman vehicular abuse on a weekly basis. I must say, the Ford Probes were pretty stout little cars as were the 8 valve Camrys of pre-1988.

The old 1982 F150 straight 6 I had was as tough as nails and saw no remorse, but still kept on keepin on. In fact, I would still be driving it if I hadnt traded it for the 86 BII.

My first choice will always be Ford. (preferrably no newer than 1988) If I had that kind of money for a brand new F350 I would by a bunch of old Rangers and F250s to fix up first.

After all, what is more beautiful than a 1977 F250 slinging mud?
the only thing more beautiful than that is a jacked up 1977 f250 slinging mud. lol

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
my family has had 8 rangers, and i drove them all
thats why i traded the toyota i had for a ranger at first chance i got. i did loss on interior space and mileage(97 toyota tercel 1.5) but i dont regret it at all, i love my Ford!!

xtreameracer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 stx highri
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i am brand loyal by no means, i buy american when its better. all cars and trucks are junk, every last one of them, i just like some more than others lol. i have been on ford and chevy fourms and both talk crap about the other, its stupid ! i have owned more chevys than fords and dodges.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I have 2 full size GM trucks because I could buy a fleet of them for what one Ford F250 diesel cost.

Having said that I will never buy a new GM or chrysler product again as long as I live.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Any car/truck can have problems. I don't care what anyone says. I just prefer something with an American name ( Ford now ). Yes, many imports are made in the U.S.,but many are not as well.

souldoubt88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When did Ford get a bailout?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals