• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

America strike back tomorrow!!!

goodie85

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Automatic
There is truth to this. But, we have a valuable export as well.....it's caled food. I have always wondered why we dont treat our food exports the way they treat thier oil. I bet if "we" made it painfully expensive to eat in the same manner they make it painfully expensive to drive they may sing to a different tune.
very very very true

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
the earth itself creates round abouts of 18,000 yes thousands barrels a day we had this discussion in chem class today and the US has over 700 barrels of oil stored in old salt mine caverns, just in case of a big crash of oil but as long as someone can make money on such a high demand product of course they are going to jack prices.....dont believe this then whatever but im gunna agree with my teachers
lol 18,000 a day huh? world oil consumption is in excess of 80,000,000 (yes million) barrels a day, the US alone using nearly 20 million of that. 18 thousand doesnt sound like so much anymore does it?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There is truth to this. But, we have a valuable export as well.....it's caled food. I have always wondered why we dont treat our food exports the way they treat thier oil. I bet if "we" made it painfully expensive to eat in the same manner they make it painfully expensive to drive they may sing to a different tune.
While I agree with you in economic principle, eating is somewhat more important to the survival than driving. If I don't eat for a week I die. If I don't drive for a week, I'm bored. Small disparity between the two.

Frankly the "need" to drive is largely a construct of our (US/North American) society. People survived and lived for literally thousands of years before oil. They got around when they needed to, and they were in better physical shape. How many of us (military personnel excluded) can walk two miles without getting winded? I know I can't, and I used to run a 6 minute mile. Now in my case, there are other medical conditions involved, but what's your excuse?

While I don't purport to call what OPEC does "ethical", your suggestion goes beyond unethical and well into the realm of immoral.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its all about stocks and trading,shall we burn down Wall Street?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
While I agree with you in economic principle, eating is somewhat more important to the survival than driving. If I don't eat for a week I die. If I don't drive for a week, I'm bored. Small disparity between the two.

Frankly the "need" to drive is largely a construct of our (US/North American) society. People survived and lived for literally thousands of years before oil. They got around when they needed to, and they were in better physical shape. How many of us (military personnel excluded) can walk two miles without getting winded? I know I can't, and I used to run a 6 minute mile. Now in my case, there are other medical conditions involved, but what's your excuse?

While I don't purport to call what OPEC does "ethical", your suggestion goes beyond unethical and well into the realm of immoral.
I can walk two miles without getting winded, I can walk 20 miles without getting winded, I can do it in the mountains with a full pack all day long. I ride my mountain bike every night... EVERY night weather summer sun or -20 below or two feet of snow I have done this for years. My bike has over 6000+ miles on it. Translate those miles into gallons of gas plus sitting in traffic, plus long warm-up times in the arctic and its a bunch. I do my part to bang the oil companies as deep as I can ram it in. Another way is I did not have the shop heat on one time this winter it was all wood heat, the natural gas bill dropped to peanuts. Also I was given some double pane windows I put in and only run half the lights now during daylight hours. Just sayin.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I can walk two miles without getting winded, I can walk 20 miles without getting winded, I can do it in the mountains with a full pack all day long. I ride my mountain bike every night... EVERY night weather summer sun or -20 below or two feet of snow I have done this for years. My bike has over 6000+ miles on it. Translate those miles into gallons of gas plus sitting in traffic, plus long warm-up times in the arctic and its a bunch. I do my part to bang the oil companies as deep as I can ram it in. Another way is I did not have the shop heat on one time this winter it was all wood heat, the natural gas bill dropped to peanuts. Also I was given some double pane windows I put in and only run half the lights now during daylight hours. Just sayin.
And you sir, are the exception.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Agreed it is harsh and would never happen. It was meant to make a point, not to be put into action.......oh and my excuse.......seven screws from the knee down!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals