• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amazon warehouse is awesome

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Trying to follow the logic of this thread back to the beginning is like seeing into the mind of a pyschopath....

Cheap car parts to slavery -
Slavery to minimum wage -
Minimum wage to cost of living -
Cost of living to california sucks -
California sucks to emissions laws -
Emissions laws to guns -
Guns to sex jokes -
And somehow back to california sucks -
I spend a lot of time at Townhall and Twitchy. That's not psychopath logic, that's Tuesdsay.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I reiterate... If I can't get online and have two coal black Tanzanian hookers and a kilo of cocaine shipped to my door in the same day, I don't want to live wherever that is illegal.
Um, you might need to move.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Um, you might need to move.
Eh. It's sad. I can (probably) still get the white stuff off silk road. But since the fall of backpage, I'm stuck on the other issue.

This country is going to hell. Thomas Jefferson had no problems getting either.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
no getting rejected for absurd nonsense like "your window rolled down too slow",
I actually failed inspection back in the 90s for "convex mirror covering more then 20% of the side view mirror." I think I still have that paperwork from that one.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I forget the exact wording but I once failed for something along the lines of "horn causes low idle". When I got my van at the end I said wtf is this? The guy just shrugged and walked away. I just turned around and went back through the line, they ask for info on how you fixed the issue or whatever and I wrote "i can't fix nonsense" on the form.... I passed the second time....

To this day no one has ever explained what "horn causes low idle" means...

I also failed for having vice grips for door handles once but at least I saw the logic in that even though I didn't agree with it.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
That's where you're wrong bud. Only your state doesn't allow vehicle owners to install universal catalytic converters.. They're labeled as 49 state legal for a reason.

I'd also be willing to bet you've never seen a lifted truck take a turn and flip over. Let alone actually seeing the drivers face as it happened. That's complete horseshit.
I guess you missed the part where I said, "What you can't do is select any available catalytic converter and install it." I went on about them being application specific. Most people here, have cars with California emissions on them. Oregon and Washington require California emission equipment on gasoline cars. So does New Jersey and Vermont. Under Federal law emissions equipment that is replaced is required to match the original equipment. That means if you have a CARB emissions vehicle in New Jersey and you have to replace the cats you are required to replace them with CARB certified catalytic converters. The fact that some people don't and they don't get caught doesn't change that. What California does is prohibit the sale of catalytic converters that don't meet California requirements. It's not a big deal. Most cars are California emission vehicles and there are plenty of California certified aftermarket catalytic converters available if you should have to replace one. So, this non-issue is as dumb as the issue people made about CFL bulbs replacing incandescent bulbs and went out to hoard a lifetime supply of bulbs that use four times the energy as those CFL bulbs they had a problem with and they didn't know why.

And yes, I witnessed a lifted truck tip over. I also knew someone who put a 350 in a Jeep and tipped it backward when he tried to race someone. Rollovers aren't that uncommon. Even in stock vehicles. Rollovers were much more common in the past than they are now because the auto manufacturers have redesigned vehicles with a high center of gravity to reduce rollovers. A wider track has been used in most cases. It's also one of the reasons Ford eliminated the twin I-beam suspension that contributed to many rollovers. Especially in the Bronco II/Explorers/ and lifted Rangers prior to 1998. All it took was steering over-correction at highway speeds. There was also an issue with bad OEM tires that blew out on the Explorers in the 90s. I think it was probably the largest recall of the decade. You can search youtube for old news clips about this.

http://mb-soft.com/public3/suvimpro.html

Last edited:

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
So now it's a 350 in a Jeep doing wheelies that turn in to backflips... Ooootay..

Funny, I've known dozens of people over the years that have put in every known engine imaginable in to different Jeeps, and not a single one of them has ever flipped over backwards trying to launch. Regardless of tire size, gearing, or HP levels of their engine. I've seen a few that were pushing 500+ HP with blowers and they still don't flip over like a Penny Racer.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
So now it's a 350 in a Jeep doing wheelies that turn in to backflips... Ooootay..
My brother in law has a pretty hot 350 in a 93 YJ and it wont even pull the front tires...

You would need at the bare minimum a pretty stout 454/460 to even come close to wheeling a jeep, and even that would be doubtful. Unless you were racing up a stupid steep hill. But even then id like to see what kinda tires hes running to grip that good.

As far as I beams being tip prone....yes, when you drive them like a mustang. Thats the reason they are gone, to many soccor moms inflicting darwinism as they tried to weave their 94 Explorer thru traffic at 80mph.

There is nothing unsafe about TIB/TTB as long as you drive it within the general parameters of what the rest of the vehicle was designed for.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There is nothing unsafe about TIB/TTB as long as you drive it within the general parameters of what the rest of the vehicle was designed for.
Exactly. Most of those people who had issues rolling their Bronco II back in the 80s were already adults when the vehicle was released and they were used to driving either big Broncos with a solid axle, or cars with SLA front ends.

I've been driving TTB since before I even got my learners permit, and I have never had an issue, because I learned how it acts, as I was learning to drive. There was a little extra adjusting when I bought the B2 because it handles a little differently than a Ranger because of the different center of gravity.

I actually figured once that the COG of a Ranger isn't even inside the vehicle, it sits just above the bed rails right behind the cab. I was in high school physics class when I made that determination, so I may be wrong, but it still sounds about right.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's also one of the reasons Ford eliminated the twin I-beam suspension that contributed to many rollovers. Especially in the Bronco II/Explorers/ and lifted Rangers prior to 1998. All it took was steering over-correction at highway speeds. There was also an issue with bad OEM tires that blew out on the Explorers in the 90s. I think it was probably the largest recall of the decade. You can search youtube for old news clips about this.

http://mb-soft.com/public3/suvimpro.html
That recall was actually centered more on the 95+ Explorer than the older ones. Bad tires running the low tire pressure that Ford recommended would blow, soccer mom would panic and mash the brakes to begin the barrel roll. By 2000 most 91-94 Explorers had lost their crappy tires and were running the right air pressure. I know dad had grown tired of Firestones falling apart after two sets and had switched to Goodyear by then. He ran 35psi because he thought 25psi on the door sticker seemed way too low.

To this day 2wd Super Duty trucks still have Twin I Beam.

We had a '94 Explorer growing up, it drove fine. They were wider and really pretty extensively modified compared to a Ranger. IMO the tires were crap, Ford's recommended pressure was crap and the people driving them reacted poorly when they blew.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I don’t necessarily agree on the tire pressure. If the proper tire was selected for the vehicle to begin with, it would have been fine.

This is not to say the tires weren’t crap. It seems all vehicle manufacturers are picking the cheapest tire they can get away with and won’t result in a lawsuit.

Firestone does makes good tires and crap ones just like everyone else. The whole Explorer/Firestone debacle was more of a nasty “divorce” and one trying to shift the blame to the other.

The original tires that came on my two Honda CR-Vs and the 2011 were crappy tires. I can’t say about the other vehicles I’ve owned because they didn’t have the original tires when I bought them. Time will tell if the tires that came with the 2019 Ranger are the same way.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The Firestone debacle was more Ford's fault than Firestone's, and more the customer than Ford.

Ford put C and B rated tires on vehicles that should have had D and E ratings.

But customers complained that the Explorers, which were built on a truck chassis because the customers wanted that, rode like a truck. So Ford said "lower the tire pressure". It went from 35 originally, to 32, eventually down to 25. And then since people don't check their tires regularly anymore they'd get down to 18, overheat on the highway, and blow out. Then people didn't know how to respond, mash the brakes, whip the wheel, and roll it.

Firestone was the only party that really wasn't at fault and got blamed. The customer was most at fault, and they were held blameless.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Running tire pressure low causes the tire to flex more as it rolls down the road. This causes more heat internal to the structure of the tire, especially at highway speeds. That heat can cause structural failure if the tire.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
How did we get to tire pressure!?!?!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals