• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Airguns.... who has what and how do you like it?

Boghog1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
didn't read all the previous and this isn't exactly what you were looking for but I picked up one of these at the traveling tool show. for a cheap gun I like it better than my Crossman 760

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I had the gamo shadowsport. With PBA ammo it shoots 1200 FPS but is really hard on your spring being a lighter lead free pellet. Dont Dont dOnnt get any of the ones with silencers. If you look at the barrels they are actually 3 inches shorter than the ones without and accuracy is slightly less.

01_ranger_4x4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
right now i have an RWS Dianna. ive had crossman, beeman and gamo before and this RWS is by far the best one ive ever had. the rest were all made in china but this one is made in germany and it shows. great craftsmanship, sweet trigger and its accurate as hell. that reminds me, theres a damn chipmunk in my back yard i need to take care of. lol

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Gamo CFX (made in Spain) with a BSA 2-7X32 scope. Walther (made in Germany) CP99 pistol, 8 clips, Diablo speed loader and double/triple holster.:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
All of the RWS guns I can get are out of my price range. :annoyed: But they're listed under UMAREXUSA now which also has the Walther guns... and there is a Walther rifle that meets my specs.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
didn't read all the previous and this isn't exactly what you were looking for but I picked up one of these at the traveling tool show. for a cheap gun I like it better than my Crossman 760
yeah, I have one too, had it for about 10 years, not bad for $20, put a scope on it, need to sight it in again though.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I have a Gamo Nitro 17 (made in Spain) that I picked up this winter to ward off the rabbits. It apparently worked, only got a chance to kill one and the rest pretty much stayed out of sight. I thought it was an ok rifle since the price wasn't too bad, can't remember how much but it was on sale and much less than the Gamo Whisper that I also looked at.

01_ranger_4x4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
All of the RWS guns I can get are out of my price range. :annoyed: But they're listed under UMAREXUSA now which also has the Walther guns... and there is a Walther rifle that meets my specs.
they are distributed by UMAREX USA but are produced by RWS in germany. i got mine through pyramidair.com for a good price, came with a leapers scope and scope mount. i had looked at the walthers before i bought the RWS and i liked them too, they seamed like good guns.

edit: heres a link to the combo i got, it goes on sale often. http://www.pyramydair.com/p/RWS-34-Breakbarrel-Rifle-Striker-Combo.shtml

Last edited:

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got a Beeman R7 and I love it. I've had it for years with no problems at all - and it shoots very tight groups. I can't tell you how many squirrels I've killed with it. I just wish it were .22 instead of .177.

01_ranger_4x4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a Beeman R7 and I love it. I've had it for years with no problems at all - and it shoots very tight groups. I can't tell you how many squirrels I've killed with it. I just wish it were .22 instead of .177.
the R7's are sweet. there are 2 levels of beemans. the cheap ones are made in china and the more expensive ones are made in germany ( i think, not 100%) i tried the china version of the beeman and it sucked.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
have you done the math on how many bricks of .22 ammo you could buy for $300? with even a marginal 4x scope you could easily achieve 50-yard first round hits with a .22, it's not like you need to save whatever you're shooting to eat for dinner

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
have you done the math on how many bricks of .22 ammo you could buy for $300? with even a marginal 4x scope you could easily achieve 50-yard first round hits with a .22, it's not like you need to save whatever you're shooting to eat for dinner
lol, hush.

I have the money and an arguably lame excuse to buy another toy. :icon_rofl:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Problem with a .22 is the range. A pellet gun drops out at 100-125 yrds. Where a .22 had a much flatter trajectory and goes alot farther. Too much chance it hitting something that aint supposed to be hit afterthe round clears the target with a .22 Where some of us live. And Ive got a bad habit of shootin squirrels outta trees. So that upward angle makes a .22 even more dangerous for me. Now out in the open woods where noone is about and something bigger than a squirrel may come up .22 all day long. I like the 10 rnd bolt action from walmart, never misfires when maintained and you can get more magazines for reload when 40 plus rounds may be needed LOL such as a wolf. or honeybees.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals