• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a few body lift and gearing questions

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 1995 4x4 supercab 4.0 automatic ranger. i was wondering what the best body lift out there is and what im going to run into when i do it. i was looking at the jcwhitney ones but im not so sure about that. i know im going to have to extend things(shifter, parking brake) but are there other problems too and im going to get new body bushings and i cant find a good place for those either. as for the gear i dont know what i have in there, and i already have a 4in RC lift with 31s. i want to put the BL on and go up to 35s. should i change the gearing and if so what to?

thanks alot

nathan

oldmantruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Got my body bushings at summit racing. Got all the suspension bushings at james duff.

I did a body lift on a different 1994 with a kit from summit i think it was. No major issues, if I had it to do again, I would have spent some money replacing the steering shaft with real universals since the rag joints probably shouldn't go that far. As far as lines, brake lines and what not, just go slow and you should have room. Be very careful of the speedo cable as it will bind of you are not careful. I went with a 3 inch lift and looking back, most of the issues I had would be avoided with a 2 inch.

as for 35's you will want to change gears. last I looked into it, gears for the front were getting scarce, but still available, ask jim Oaks. If your going to 35's milage will suck anyway, so i'd go to 4.56 or so and not mess around.

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
well im not tooo woried about my gas millage right now, would my truck still be able to get up to speed with out to much trouble? i do have a 4.0 so i have power. would it stress everything out? anybody have any input please?

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
anybody????

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
hello i just a few answers please?

rangerdude91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
hello i just a need few answers please?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Suggestions for gearing are in the FAQ at the top of the forum here, it's also in the Tech Library.

35s on the 4.0L = 4.88.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals