• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93-4.0 fuel pressure issues +- four psi…. I’m a dork

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thank you Ron, I have done everything except use the timing like to check the spark getting to each cylinder at plug tip, that was in my plans today, by even going so far as to run my hands down the entire length of all six wires with the engine running and did not get shocked lol but that is not efficient if there is a short in the wire on the inside even though they’re new..
so I will do that first thing this morning here in a few minutes after testing ignition switch and putting it back under the column.

The spout connector Is clean and tight.

this acceleration issue is annoying. I have a drive video of it but don’t know if it will upload.

I removed the spark control yesterday and cleaned all the connections and put on new dielectric grease etc. and reinstalled everything and this isn’t a simple stumble on acceleration this is intermittent bucking from a non-spark situation as far as it feels to me.

Anyhow I am going to be out there in a few minutes and I’ll let you know the results but I’m sure they’re going to be fine because the bark plug wires only have 300 miles on them and I’m the only one that has removed and replaced them and I do it correctly by grabbing the boot and not the wire lol

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well Ron was the guy! I figured since the wires homed out good that they would be fine and apparently they are so I did not do the flash test and when I did the flash test I found Eric spark on number 14 and six cleaning this brand new coil pack is bad. I warranty one is on his way right now plus an upgrade to premium version rather than standard house version lifetime warranty. Once it gets here another test drive one too and if this thing is fixed I’m gonna slap myself and skip to me Lou my darling lol!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
WINNING…. Test showed intermittent skips in number 1 and 4 and 6! Replaced the new coil pack with a premium new coil pack and finally everything is perfect!
Everything is spot on, power is back better than before. Friggin kept getting a little better with each cleaning and old part upgrade, but never quite right, now it’s a monster of power and smooth running!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals