• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 B2 No Spark Issue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have a 88 B2 that just suddenly died on me a few days ago while driving it. Its strange how it all of a sudden lost spark. I had to change the timing chain and gear, starter and battery when I first got it. Now after a few months of smooth running and no issues. It just stops working. It will turn over and is getting fuel but no spark. I just changed the ignition module and still nothing. Tried adjusting the distributor while cranking and it never changed the pace. Any ideas on what could have happened?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
"it's getting fuel"??

Are the spark plug tips WET after cranking?

Have you tried 50/50 test?
Spray fuel into intake and crank, this is about the only test that confirms either no fuel or no spark

Is the distributor turning, i.e. lift cap and crank, see if rotor changes position

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It is getting fuel. I have tried for spark still none. I will try the distributor when it stops raining. Disadvantages of working without a shop.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
B2 is going again. Changed the distributor cap, rotor, tfi module and coil. Its a little choppy while idling but its running.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals