• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 headers

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some 3.0 headers, cant seem to find a place who sells'em. I found one website but then heard that after peopled ordered them, they were all on backorder.

thanks
93ranger4x4

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
WOW, didnt think they were THAT expensive, plus i dont think my 93 has an EGR on the stock manifolds.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
heddman makes them for the older models and jba makes them for the newer models and yeah they are hella expensive

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Thats just crazy, when i bought shorties formy mustang it only cost me 200 bucks threw jegs, and whenever i call jegs or summit they say no one makes headers for the 3.0 and i'm like yeah they do pacesetter, heddman, jba all make headers for the ranger, and they tell me that all they see are headers for the 4.0 no 3.0 headers.

93ranger4x4

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
get you some steel and a welder and make your own lol :icon_welder:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Your truck ('93 3.0L) only has one option for headers, and thats JBA. No heddmen or pacesetter (pacesetter is worthless anyway) for ya. I just used a plug for the EGR on my headers for my '93 because I don't have EGR either.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
thats what i thought too, hedman and assetter only made the headers for later models from what i remembered. the jbas are pretty good from what ive seen, i just wish i knew how far down or back they stuck so i could do some measuring...id like to put them on my turbo motor flipped but i dont know where and what angle the output would be.

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
So JBA huh? just wish they werent so damn expensive, whats the deal with the huge price tag on them anyways?With that amount of cash i could buy 2 or 3 things for the stang or the PSD, or even get a brand new set of 33s.

93ranger4x4

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you used those headers on the boosted motor they would fail from the extreme heat your best bet would be your stock manifolds flipped.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
why would they fail under heat? they are made of dif metal that dissipates heat better if im not mistaken, the welds may have a problem tho. the reason i wanted to try them was hoping that the extra/higher flow would spool the turbo a lil faster. maybe im wrong in assuming that it would work that way but it was just an experimental idea.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just curious, throwing a feeler out there.

Who would be interested in a set of Mid-length 3.0 headers for the ranger?

Im talking about something that would go into all the years and required a bit of modification, but not a whole lot. Something that could easily be tied in before the cats on a late model, yet be long enough too add some torque and HP to the equation, Anything should be better than the stock logs.

Between here and RPS, Ive been getting the idea that there is some demand for something like this, and there is a decent amount of 3.0 rangers out there.

Ive been thinking of building a set for my truck, then making up a jig.

They wouldnt be fancy, just some 16ga 1.5" tubing, .25" flanges, somewhere in the $200-$250 range.

I think that would be a good price, no?

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i got this from one of my new turbo charger books and it says that NA headers are designed for maximizing cylinder scavenging not to maximize pressure and flow velocity. it also states that their materials in typical headers cannot take the high temperatures and stresses of turbo charging either. thats from hp books street turbocharging book :)

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
ive seen this and read up on it some, they say they wont since they are thinner material (i completely agree w/ this) but if they were ceramic coated/wrapped/ made of thicker material that should take care of most worries. the purpose of a header is to ease the flow of the motor, in a stock engine the manifolds aid in scavenging, boost it and it becomes somewhat of a flow restriction. by installing shorty headers (not crossed over just straight to collectors) you reduce restriction and temperatures but increase flow rates, which in a boosted engine is better overall since the compressor itself is a major restriction of sorts. directing the flow straight to the compressor will also help it spool faster and make exhaust flow smoother since there is less restriction at the heads for exhaust to flow. thats what i see and why i would like to try it. if this theory can be proven wrong id like to see the proof so i can understand why it wouldnt help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals