• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2004 ranger FX4. I need steps, suggestions?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
And ummm… that wasn't a very good picture of your truck man. Lets see a glamour shot!

Rowdiebryan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
If you like the n-fab ones... you could always make them fit. But your truck looks like any other Ranger... FX4 or EDGE... it's just a Ranger at the end of the day.

Post a link for these steps... I'd like to see them.
That’s what I thought. Lance at N-Fab said they were different. And me not knowing any better thought I would ask. Here is the link. It looks like I am just going to go with some of the OEM type running boards.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
They should bolt to the frame, not the cab...

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
That's a good looking truck...

There were some differences on an FX4. One was chrome front tow hooks. I believe another for your year were Bilstein shocks. Does it have those shocks?

In the Tech Library there is info broken down to model year what was included with the FX4 package. You should have a look and compare your truck to it. I think they should have come with Alcoa 15 inch wheels too. Seems someone may have removed some of the good stuff or.... they stuck some FX4 stickers on it. I would be having a look.

My steps go to the cab mounts. The best way is to go to the frame... but I've never laid eyes on those for a ranger that are mass produced. They're typically one off things.

Are you in Oakbrook?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I have to say too... it doesn't really look like much of a lift... if any. What tires and wheels do you have on it?

Here is the link to the FX4 by the years info... Just trying to help you figure out what you have.

Rowdiebryan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have to say too... it doesn't really look like much of a lift... if any. What tires and wheels do you have on it?

Here is the link to the FX4 by the years info... Just trying to help you figure out what you have.

Its not a big lift, there are rancho shocks and such under it. My wife is just short.

the FX4 level II came with the Alcoa wheels. I’m looking for some now so i can get rid of the black wheels. i got the build sheet when i was looking at this, it is indeed an FX4, it has the tremor package and a few other little odds and ends, the town hooks came off so i can install the tow bar base plate. I do appreciate all the input.

Rowdiebryan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Its not a big lift, there are rancho shocks and such under it. My wife is just short.

the FX4 level II came with the Alcoa wheels. I’m looking for some now so i can get rid of the black wheels. i got the build sheet when i was looking at this, it is indeed an FX4, it has the tremor package and a few other little odds and ends, the town hooks came off so i can install the tow bar base plate. I do appreciate all the input.
I’m in texas, near Dallas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals