• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2002 mercury mountaneer

nosrac04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my mountaneers alarm goes off all the time. even when driving. can the alarm be removed without damaging anything. this is the oem alarm. thanks:sad:

wallisonline

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
How much is this vehicle worth? and does this trade sound worth it?

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
hey wallisonline, get bent with your stupid replies. If you can't provide any positive help with anything go somewhere else.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Look up under the dash driver's side and look for a wire connector with probably 10 or so wires in a straight connector. If it is aftermarket it will be hanging loose or tie wrapped up and disconnect it. That usually kills them. If it is factory, probably a module under there, and most are labeled "security system" or something similar. I've never looked for a factory one on a ford, so this is generic of course- but most are under the dash and a simple unplug will do it. GM's are a whole different animal. Edit: Reread ur post, its a factory unit. It may be able to be disconnected easily by unplugging but not sure. Guess I wasn't much help heehee. But no, it won't damage anything to try- disconnect and see if it starts. If it doesn't plug it back up and google it if you don't get better responses than mine on here.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Look up under the dash driver's side and look for a wire connector with probably 10 or so wires in a straight connector. If it is aftermarket it will be hanging loose or tie wrapped up and disconnect it. That usually kills them. If it is factory, probably a module under there, and most are labeled "security system" or something similar. I've never looked for a factory one on a ford, so this is generic of course- but most are under the dash and a simple unplug will do it. GM's are a whole different animal. Edit: Reread ur post, its a factory unit. It may be able to be disconnected easily by unplugging but not sure. Guess I wasn't much help heehee. But no, it won't damage anything to try- disconnect and see if it starts. If it doesn't plug it back up and google it if you don't get better responses than mine on here.
^what he said. Use the search function. This has been brought a few times on this site and the info can help you out. You might have to go to a dealer and they can fix it for you and it won't cost an arm and leg. I know a few people who have gone through this before on their Fords. I a few cases they had to take it to the dealer but it did not cost a bunch.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If you take it down to the dealer they can go in and see which switch has triggered the last 5 alarm events. Replace that ajar switch and it should fix the problem. Good bet it is the hood.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals