2.0L swap or replace

Otto57

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I'm the new old guy to this forum.
I have a 1988 2.0 Ranger that has severe Blow by I'm looking to either rebuild it or swap it out with something with a little more power but I'm having trouble because my engine is carbureted and everything I've been finding has EFI and I don't want to go through the headaches to change over to EFI. money is the other issue otherwise I would just go with a V8 conversion and the only place I've been able to find a rebuild kit for the 2.0 is a place called AMS Racing that was listed on eBay does anyone know anything about this company. any help would be appreciated

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

walthagl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I'm the new old guy to this forum.
I have a 1988 2.0 Ranger that has severe Blow by I'm looking to either rebuild it or swap it out with something with a little more power but I'm having trouble because my engine is carbureted and everything I've been finding has EFI and I don't want to go through the headaches to change over to EFI. money is the other issue otherwise I would just go with a V8 conversion and the only place I've been able to find a rebuild kit for the 2.0 is a place called AMS Racing that was listed on eBay does anyone know anything about this company. any help would be appreciated
Rock auto has all the parts to rebuild the motor.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Predator swap.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 & 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l & 4.0l
Transmission
Manual

something like this

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I suppose if I was in your position I'd forego all of the *old* technology (and even a V8) & find a 2.3 Turbo powertrain/engine bay harness/fly-by-wire from a late Mustang & shoehorn that down into the waiting engine bay.
I could live with 300hp quite happily.