• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Are you referring to rust issues such as these LOL..

I really wish I could find out where my Bronco 2 has been to have rust like this.
It wasn't MA, or it would be even further gone. I dont see very many B IIs
driving around and havent for yrs.

As for mods, it is your truck, your canvas for expressing yourself. Heck, in this thread, look at the rigs. Just be safe. That said, most of my mods are bolt ons or sawzall-ed off of something else.:D

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
well I see what you mean but I guess my problem with v8 swaps is how much effort it would take to do all the wiring and making the frame stronger, getting it to run right and how much it weighs compared to the old engine. stuff like that.
Have you looked into a 302 swap? If you do your homework and select the right engine setup, be it carbed or EFI, there are only a few wires to connect (I'm taking the complicated route and rewiring the whole truck). The frame really doesn't need any strengthening unless you plan to build a monster motor. There are any number of Rangers out there running anything from a mild 289 to a monster 347 stroker with no mods to the frame. Getting it to run right is no different than getting any other vehicle to run right. If you went carbureted it's just a matter of tuning it just like any other carbureted engine, nothing special because it's in a ranger instead of an F-150 or Mustang. If you choose EFI the most important thing is to make sure you have your wires hooked up right, the ecm will handle getting it running right from that point. As for weight, an iron headed 302 only weighs 100-150 pounds more than the V6s. If you run aluminum heads instead of iron that will probably shave 50-75 pounds.

Remember the best mods aren't easy. The more you have to work for it, the more you will appreciate it when it's finished. If it fails miserably, you just aren't finished yet (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

I really wish I could find out where my Bronco 2 has been to have rust like this.
That propellor mod is badass.:headbang:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
That propellor mod is badass.:headbang:
Haha, I'm trying to get better fuel economy out of my box on wheels damn it stop makin' fun of me LOL.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
It wasn't MA, or it would be even further gone. I dont see very many B IIs
driving around and havent for yrs.

As for mods, it is your truck, your canvas for expressing yourself. Heck, in this thread, look at the rigs. Just be safe. That said, most of my mods are bolt ons or sawzall-ed off of something else.:D
No mods on my rig at all, just needed repairs eventually as money and time will allow me to. Next on the list is tires for sure. I did figure out that the wheels on my utility trailer are Ford wheels so those will be swapped out onto my B2 to give me a full set of matching wheels at some point. Then start finding someone to help me tackle the rust issues.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No mods on my rig at all, just needed repairs eventually as money and time will allow me to. Next on the list is tires for sure. I did figure out that the wheels on my utility trailer are Ford wheels so those will be swapped out onto my B2 to give me a full set of matching wheels at some point. Then start finding someone to help me tackle the rust issues.
Your rust isn't even that bad. you should see some of the s10's around here. half the bedside is eaten up.

and ford wheels is a really general statement. i have some ford wheels but they won't fit my ranger( I Wish they would :c)

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual

Pm me your vin, I have a way to run an "auto check" and most of the time it will tell me where it was registered at.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I did figure out that the wheels on my utility trailer are Ford wheels so those will be swapped out onto my B2 to give me a full set of matching wheels at some point..
and ford wheels is a really general statement. i have some ford wheels but they won't fit my ranger( I Wish they would :c)
True, but he said they are on his trailer. Considering that 5x4.5 is the most common trailer lug pattern, it's a pretty high chance that they will fit.

86MUDRCJ

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im talking about stuff like diy paint jobs and cheap crap that looks bad
Believe it or not my paintjob was done by my grandpa and me so does it still count as DIY?

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Believe it or not my paintjob was done by my grandpa and me so does it still count as DIY?
I want that tool box charcoal gray or black, make it happen.

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the whole reason for owning an RBV is for the compact size. some people like it for the fuel economy, and practicality. most people don't need a fullsize truck for their hauling needs. some people like the compact size for its ability to fit in a smaller space, whether it is a trail, or so it will fit in the garage with the wifes car. they then custom tailor their RBV to fit their particular needs.
the best mod for an offroad RBV is to cut the fenders. this allows you to use a tall enough tire to clear obstacles that would make contact with differentials, and keep the center of gravity low enough to conquer an off camber hillside. and it is easier to get in and out of the RBV for the kids and wife.
the most retarded mod is trying to make more power with the stock engine! it turns out to be a waste of money, less usable power, and lower MPG!
for my needs a V-8 swap isn't the best choice, but for some it is.
but, we are all entitled to our own opinions, which is what I thought this thread was gonna be about, not someone saying "I don't like that mod, that's stupid"

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
My best 'mod' is the V8 swap by far closely followed by my stereo system.

This thread is all a matter of opinion really. I have zombie decals on my truck. Have you recently seen that I won STOTM. That means I was chosen by my peers to have the best truck. Apparently I am doing something right since I have won 3 time now.

Sent from the front seat of my Ranger while looking damn good.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
well I see what you mean but I guess my problem with v8 swaps is how much effort it would take to do all the wiring and making the frame stronger, getting it to run right and how much it weighs compared to the old engine. stuff like that.
It is called spending time doing the research and not jumping into the deep end hoping you can swim. My swap took almost a yr of research before I started looking for and buying parts.

Sent from the front seat of my Ranger while looking damn good.

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Have you recently seen that I won STOTM. That means I was chosen by my peers to have the best truck. Apparently I am doing something right since I have won 3 time now.
No sir.....
YOU CHEATED. Bribeing members to vote fer ya, er somethin...
:thefinger:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
No sir.....
YOU CHEATED. Bribeing members to vote fer ya, er somethin...
:thefinger:
Yeah with muffler bearing and turn signal fluid. :icon_thumby: :icon_rofl: :thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals