• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1. Help identifying engine year

Hello, I found an engine for sale but the owner does not know the year. I'm wondering if anybody would be able help Identify the year of this engine? They think it's a 1993/94 but just want to make sure. Thanks.
  2. No dash lights and no running lights. help needed.

Hello everyone, This is my first post here. I have a 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 2wd. i'm not sure where to begin with my issue and i could use some assistance. I recently got a new head unit installed by a buddy and since then i've had no dash lights and no running lights but the dash lights work...
  3. 93 crank no spark

1993 manual rebuild it turns over but no spark engine light on fuel pump comes on checked engine ground top and bottom relays fuses all good try reset by disconnect negative but hasnt changed checked ignition switch is ok had clutch safty switch bypassed got fuel pressure oil sensor on pan is...
  4. JustAllenAgain

Transmission mount installation/ intense low speed drive line vibration

Hey all, this is my first post. I have a 93 ranger xl 3.0 long bed and recently replaced the passenger motor mount, and transmission mount, as they were pretty bad and causing some mad shaking all around and hard shifting. All was fine and dandy until the vibration returned. Thought it was...
  5. Will a Lift kit from 1992 ford ranger fit a 1993?

I have a 1993 ranger. 4.0 4x4 5 speed Ext cab. It needs a transmission. And I found a 1992 ext cab 2.3 4x4 ranger. with the trans I need. But it also has alot of aftermarket stuff for a decent price. My question is what parts do you guys think will fit my truck? I will copy and past his...
  6. Will a 1993-94 STX/Splash grille fit on 1996 XLT?

Hey guys, new here and recently picked up a 1996 XLT 4.0 that I finally have the time and energy to start playing with. I was curious if I would be able to swap out the stock grille on the 96 for a 93-94 STX grille like the one here? It looks like everything should line up/fit but I want to be...
  7. gryghin

Old School FNG Intro, Glad to find this forum!

Been around Fords my whole life. Best friend in HS had a '71 F100 Ranger, while I had the '73 Dodge Tradesman conversion van back in the early 80's. As a young adult, I had a '83 Ranger RWD from '93-'95 only reason for selling was the move from Florida to Oregon. 2016, after a 20 year affair...
  8. 93 4.0 high idle/stalling

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read this and showing your interest. I have a 1993 4.0 ranger that has been having some issues with a high idle and recently within the past couple weeks it will stall intermittently. Whenever I first start it, idle runs high around 2k +. After it runs...
  9. Easy start?

I have a 1993 ford ranger, 4x4, 4.0, manual tranny (Bruce Jenner) The keys have been lost to this truck while I was out working. Keep a spare for the door key in the wallet but the door and ignition keys are different. Any way to bypass the ignition lock to where just any key can start it? My ol...
  10. 3.0 miss while shifting

I've got a 93 ranger 5 speed 4x4. Last fall, I cracked the block on the old engine so I replaced it with a 2001 3.0 from a wrecked truck with 60,000 miles. I converted the new engine back to OBD1 since the truck is wired for a distributor. Engine fired right up on first try and I've been driving...
  11. '93 Ranger, 2wd, 3.0 Crazy Grinding Noise

Hey, my 15yr old just bought this 93 Ranger (probably the 12th one in the family) and we will be replacing the clutch and clutch slave cylinder next week. We will flush the 5pd tranny, possibly swap out the rear main while we are in there. Differential was leaking, so we changed fluid and put...
  12. Shaking at constant speed

I have a 93 ranger 3.0 and it starts shaking around 35-40. It some times feels like its bucking. I just changed plugs & wires, and also the wheel bearings and the shocks and still no luck.
  13. major squealing without belt

So, i currently own a 1997 ford ranger 4.0 automatic, but just bought a 1993 ranger 4.0, manual trans that had a plow and was what ive been looking for. It does not have any clutch feel to it ( little to no resistance) the previous owner claims to have replaced the master cyl. but a few shops he...
  14. need help fast! broken steering knuckle

so the other day i was driving and felt something pop, turns out it was the upper tab on the passenger side steering knuckle that holds the inner brake pad in place, snapped clean off. fabricated a new tab, welded it in place. a few miles later snapped off again and lost all brakes, almost...
  15. 100 Laps on Charlotte Motor Speedway

Hi Folks! I'm new to the forum. I own a 93 Ranger 2WD, 3.0, 5-speed manual and we have had some great times together; the best being that I got to drive 100 Laps on CMS to help dry the track. Yeah, I pegged it at 85 mph once or twice. Anyway, I love my truck and want to give it to my son who...
  16. Can't shift into 1st or 2nd gear

I Recently replaced the clutch system, including slave cylinder, and flywheel on my 1993 Ford Ranger, 4.0L, 5 spd manual transmission. What I’ve done so far: - Removed (shifter, driveshaft, starter, exhaust pipes, transmission, flywheel, clutch, slave cylinder) - Replaced flywheel, slave...
  17. koths211

93 ranger crap mpg

I have a 93 ranger ext. cab 4.0 automatic 4x4 31x10.5 on 15s cap on bed. 2" factory lift I keep up on all repairs but get a consistent 13 mpg. usually 260-275/tank id like to get at least 16 if possible. any more ideas let me know. *things I've done* full tune up (plugs, wires, k&n air...
  18. 1993 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 RWD rear right brake overheating

1993 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 RWD rear right brake was leaking so badly that I had to refill one bottle each time I drove. After replacement of brake cylinder the leak stopped, but after driving I noticed right away an awful smell and then discovered that the brake was touching and causing...
  19. koths211

93 ranger no gauges except speedo

just bought a really nice 93 ranger 4x4 automatic 4.0 I pulled apart the panel under the steering wheel looking to figure out the shift linkage( fixed it btw...score..) anyways all the gauges DID work... now ... battery gauges reads dead oil pressure gauge reads so high that its over the H...
  20. 1993 Ranger 3.0 Timing Reference Pointer

I've been told my timing pointer is broken off. I had to replace the distributor after the gear was worn and it shut off on the highway. Trying to find 10 degrees BTDC and wire brushed the harmonic balancer so I can see TDC 0, 10, 20, 30 BTDC numbers and lines. Just don't see a thing to line...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad