• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

conceal carry gun rant

SnC RangeR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's all about shot placement doesn't matter the caliber. Carrying a gun shouldn't be comfortable it should be comforting.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
On the small caliber argument, you can use the point I usually bring up. Yeah it's "only" a .25 but I'll tell you what, I'll put a few rounds into your face then you can tell me if it was effective or not.
To be honest I wouldn't want to be shot in the face with a bb gun either...

gjm4l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4cyl
Transmission
Manual
^ ahhhh the BB gun wars of childhood lol, only rules were one pump only and if you hit anyone above the neck you were automatically out for the rest of the day lol. BB's hurt like hell even with one pump I couldn't imagine taking one to the face!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
all calibers are too small for CC guns. that's why i had my right leg surgically removed and a bazooka installed. i look like a gimp to the average man, try to rob me and i'll cause life threatening injuries to everyone in a 20 meter radius. dont worry though, half the time it isnt loaded and i never wear it while i'm drinking

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I believe anything is better than nothing. If that's what you have and are comfortable with, carry it. If I had one given to me I would probably add it to my CC permit just because. Would I go out and buy one with the intent of using it as a CCW... no. Here is my reasoning. I've had a bit of experience with one my dad use to carry, a little Tangfolio (Italian) automatic. I shot it enough to know that the round really does have poor penetration, worse than any .22LR round I've ever shot. Poor enough to the point that if someone was wearing a heavy leather coat or jacket with a few layers underneath I'd be seriously concerned about the round reaching vital organs. Would I want to get shot with the round to test that theory... definitely not. I don't want to get shot with anything lol. If I were to carry a .25 it would be a FMJ round to ensure maximum penetration. My personal carry weapon is a snub nosed .38 airweight S&W revolver. I use Speer Gold Dot short barrel 125 grain JHP +P rounds in it. I feel the gun to be adequate for self defense. It's light weight, easy to carry and very manageable. I believe those three things are more important than anything when it comes to concealed carry. If you have a gun than is uncomfortable to carry or fatigues you and is not easy to manage in split second life or death situation, chances are you'll "forget" it at home more often and are more likely not able to respond with it as quick as you should be able to. Those two things are more of a draw back than the terminal ballistics of any small caliber...

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Pointing a gun at anyone is a deterrent all in itself reguardless of caliber. It's the intimadation factor that people are scared of not knowing if that person with the gun is a crack shot and knows how to use it. I have carried a concealed weapon for about 15 years now and have never (knock on wood) had to pull it out to defend myself or a family member. The gun itself is ONLY for self defense if that threat arises. People who actually carry concealed think that they can deter and/or prevent crime at the local 7/11 and be covered in whatever happens. For instance if someone is carring a weapon and it's concealed and that person is standing in line at the 7/11 and a guy with a knife walks in to rob the place, the person who is carrying that weapon shoots the guy with the knife guess who's also going to jail on a UUW Charge? Yep you guessed it, guess who also loses the right to carry that concealed weapon. Right again.
Believe me when I say this...I am not against carring a concealed weapon nor shooting someone who poses a threat to me with an equal weapon. People just need to be more educated on this subject...when they can and when they can't. The other question that comes to mind is......Can you defend yourself one on one (close quarters) when you are being threatened of having that gun taken away by an assailant?
I don't think caliber has anything to do with carrying a gun. I carry a 9mm, a buddy carries a 45, his wife has a .380. They all will leave marks and hurt when they penetrate. All you have to do is point it at them and watch the water works.
Studies have been done and it shows that states, cities and areas that allow qualified people to carry a concealed weapon have a lower crime rate.

law enforcement, emt-medic group, firefighter group, usa military veteran

i uh...

currently to mortified from confusion to respond:icon_surprised:

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
all calibers are too small for CC guns. that's why i had my right leg surgically removed and a bazooka installed. i look like a gimp to the average man, try to rob me and i'll cause life threatening injuries to everyone in a 20 meter radius. dont worry though, half the time it isnt loaded and i never wear it while i'm drinking
For some reason when I read this I picture Gary Busey

scottskipper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Swap
Transmission
Manual
A .380, 9mm., 38, 357, all expand. But a 45 won't get no smaller!!!!!!!

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i uh...

currently to mortified from confusion to respond:icon_surprised:
I am a Federal Prison Guard (ever heard of the LEOSA ACT), 11 years and counting, I was a Sheriffs Deputy for 4 years. I am volunteer Fireman and EMT.

Confusion on what? You don't believe that is what I do? Who I am?

So respond how you will!

dheizer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4 cly
Transmission
Manual
Under powered .25

I personaly know of a person shot with a .25cal. the round only penitrated his skin and stoped at the bone. It did more bruseing then anything . Not a good choise for self defence. Unless you are in a phone booth with the bad guy. There ain't many of those around anymore. 9mm is good ,but .45 will do a great job. There are a lot of great compact pistols out there. Don't trust your safety to a .25 let the bad guy carry one you carry the gun that will win the fight. Check out the Taurus PT. 145. I have 2 CCW Guns the PT. is my favorite. Small light and throws cannon balls.

scooter

October OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It all boils down to
1 Bad guys fight or flight responce
2 YOUR confidence when you draw your gun.

Bad guy is not gonna look at your gun and go "pffffft thats a .25, wussy". It will be his choice to fight or run.
If you shoot em in the eye or nasal cavity, a .25 will end all his troubles.
Hell just anywhere in the face and the will stop the attack.
My .02
Todd S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Parking bullets against bones WILL make him slow down and think if he is capable.

Metal touching live bone feels like an intense electrical shock on that one spot per my brother getting a bone biopsy. :icon_thumby:

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
IMHO, any caliber with less that the kinetic energy of a 38+P is insufficient for carry and any 'gun salesman' that tells you different just wants to make a sale. I'll qualify that. Some folks are just to small in stature or possibly handicapped to be able to shoot a larger caliber handgun and in that case the any gun is better than no gun argument is valid.

Even a '38 Special standard load has trouble penetrating heavy coats while retaining enough energy to penetrate to vital organs let alone to expand and transfer the energy to tissue and damage it enough to immediately stop an assailant.

BTW, I've never seen a semi automatic pistol that would never jam. Ask yourself if you can properly hold any pistol properly in an emergency situation. You may be forced to be in all kinds of positions if you are in a life or death situation. Most gunfights take place in less than ideal places and are over in seconds. NEVER carry ANY gun 'in a pocket' unless in a properly designed holster. For that matter any carry gun should be protected from lint, dirt or even a loose coin. Anything that could interfere with getting the best grip you can or jamming the action should be avoided.

BTW, I traveled extensively throughout the US teaching cops how to shoot many years ago. Gone from home way to much and no money in it, but I made a lot of friends and literally got thousands or rounds shot out of just about any gun you can name including many NFA regulated firearms.

mattc113

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
8"
Tire Size
37"
Even a '38 Special standard load has trouble penetrating heavy coats while retaining enough energy to penetrate to vital organs let alone to expand and transfer the energy to tissue and damage it enough to immediately stop an assailant.
so when the mugger asks me for my wallet and i pump 6 rounds of .38 in his direction....he will what, laugh and say "that tickles?" i've seen someone get shot with a .32acp. 3 rounds, center mass. they were wearing a hoodie. they were stopped in their tracks. they were still alive, but, under threat of being shot again, chose to stay down and wait for the ambulance. a .32, .25, .38 will never be able to hold a candle to a .357, .44 or .45, but they are still effective. again, think about what has already been said here, when, has anyone ever wanted to get shot by anything?

i plan on carrying a 9mm with +p during the winter or where i can wear a coat or heavier clothing, but during the summer and warmer months, i need something that fits in my pocket, enter the .25acp. if open carry ever passes, problem solved.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
My personal carry is a .40 cal Taurus 24/7. Knock down stay down power at its finest.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals