• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

conceal carry gun rant

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
Carry both!
Agreed. Although I only carry a fold-out pocket-knife. As for why,

Long story short: I have anger issues and would likely unload on the first asshole I met on any given day if I carried regularly.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I do not carry as much as I use to. I am going to get a proper gun belt and iwb holster from crossbreed holsters.

I would love to carry my compact 1911 but it is a boat anchor to carry. So I just carry my G26 w/ 147 grain hp's that are loaded a little hot.

Sent from the front seat of my RX 8.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
There is something to be said for knives...

On an average day I have three knives on or about my person

Knives don't get "empty"

Knives are QUIET.

only a vanishingly small percentage of people will try to "grab at" a knife
(many more will actually try to grab at a gun)
Very true!

All of the groomsmen at my buddy's wedding last year got a USMC pattern Ka-Bar. Apparently I'm the only one who has decided to make use of it and carry it somewhat often. Of course, it's not exactly a knife you hide, I just strap it on my belt and go. Kind of funny walking into stores that would probably say something if you had an open carry gun with that knife and they don't say a word. Not that I ever tried open carry for anything other than a knife.

Kind of odd how people don't react as much to seeing a knife but most people fear being cut by a knife more than being shot by a gun.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Kind of odd how people don't react as much to seeing a knife but most people fear being cut by a knife more than being shot by a gun.
Well a knife is a little easier to get away from...

I only carry a big knife like Ka-Bar when I hunt (actually I have a Buck). A knife at my side won't concern anybody more than the 7.5" barrelled revolver behind it or the shotgun I am carrying.

I almost always open carry my Leatherman though and nobody has ever said a word. The only time I don't is when its beat up holster would clash with whatever fancy thing I am supposed to wear... and then it is in my pocket.

I have thought about getting a "dress holster" :D

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I do not carry as much as I use to. I am going to get a proper gun belt and iwb holster from crossbreed holsters.

I would love to carry my compact 1911 but it is a boat anchor to carry. So I just carry my G26 w/ 147 grain hp's that are loaded a little hot.

Sent from the front seat of my RX 8.
I carry a compact 1911 everyday with the holster that works for me, just need the right gear is all. Love my Colt and Springers....

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I carry a .380 and all the gun "experts" tell me it's a joke and not good enough. I always offer to shoot them with it to prove me wrong but have never had anyone take me up on my offer. That right there is enough to prove they are full of shit. About 95% of the time if a gun is used in self defense it's never fired anyway, just having a gun makes the bad guy run away wetting his pants.
Decades ago My Brother bought his wife a Browning BDA 380ACP as her concealed carry sidearm, but they didn't "Play" with it enough before making their final choice, she had issurs racking the slide because like most 380auto pistols it is a "Blow-back" action and this type of handgun uses a stiff spring....
She had much less trouble racking the slide of my S&W 469 9mm

I will never forget a friend commenting "Al I can't believe you switched to a 9mm!".
He didn't understand that the S&W 469 was an upgrade of my backup pistol...
At the same time I had switched out my 70-series colt 1911 in 38Super for
a Series-80 10mm Colt Delta Elite.

AD

Last edited:

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Of you find yourself in o position of needing to pull it, it needs to come out smoking

AD

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
Very true!

All of the groomsmen at my buddy's wedding last year got a USMC pattern Ka-Bar. Apparently I'm the only one who has decided to make use of it and carry it somewhat often. Of course, it's not exactly a knife you hide, I just strap it on my belt and go. Kind of funny walking into stores that would probably say something if you had an open carry gun with that knife and they don't say a word. Not that I ever tried open carry for anything other than a knife.

Good point here... USMC Ka-Bar, :icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals