• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pics of my rig

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just saw this and wow that's one dirty ranger right there. Looks amazing. This is another reason why I love Fords.
Preciate it man! If you want, I'll trade you my truck for your mustang, and we'll call it even!:icon_thumby:

Ranger4219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5 liter
Transmission
Manual
You mentioned it has a keystone front bumper? Is that a ranger front bumper or from another ford?

Going to pick up my 1999 splash 2wd std cab next wednesday. My list of mods by next weekend is drop DJM 4-5, stop find the cobra setup in complete kit and roll. Though the staggered look is great want to still be able to rotate tires. So i wish to go widest tire and wheel combo preferably without spacers. My guess would be something in a 8 inch wide wheel. Can you tell me if i can use 16 0r 17 inch wheels and still clear those 03 Cobra brakes front and rear?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You mentioned it has a keystone front bumper? Is that a ranger front bumper or from another ford?

Going to pick up my 1999 splash 2wd std cab next wednesday. My list of mods by next weekend is drop DJM 4-5, stop find the cobra setup in complete kit and roll. Though the staggered look is great want to still be able to rotate tires. So i wish to go widest tire and wheel combo preferably without spacers. My guess would be something in a 8 inch wide wheel. Can you tell me if i can use 16 0r 17 inch wheels and still clear those 03 Cobra brakes front and rear?
Yes, the bumper cover is a Ranger specific one.

As far as the brakes go, you'll need to contact the guy I bought my caliper brackets and hubs from. Or try and fab your own. You can't just go to the dealer, or the jy and get everything needed. You may have to wait awhile to get the stuff too, since they only do a couple very small production runs each year. You'll need a minimum of a 17" wheel to clear the Cobra brakes in front.

You can probably run up to a 9 inch wide wheel in front with the 4/5. Spacers/rubbing issues depend on wheel offset, and tire size. My fronts are 18X9 with a +24 offset. I'm not using any spacer, but I've got pretty small 245/35's and they come REALLY close to the control arms. I also don't have a center cap on the front wheels.

Ranger4219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5 liter
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info much appreciated. Can't wait to get my splash and start. I have your car on my desktop at work and home. Gives me something to shoot for. Who's know's maybe I will earn TOTM down the road. "Keep on Truckin":yahoo:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Since this is kind of developing into a build thread anyway, I thought I'd post pics of some engine parts that I've recieved latley.
42 lb bosch fuel injectors

1.8 Morana roller rockers

Just a few more items, and I'll have everything I need to boost this thing!

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
cant wait to see it all boosted and bad ass.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
I wanna see a burnout! I'm burnout deprived my buddys got tired of putting tires on his cougar and everyone else has mud tires and won't do them. Plus my f150 can't do it

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
cant wait to see it all boosted and bad ass.
Imagine how I feel! Just a few more items that I need to purchase, and I can start working on it! Hoping to have everything finished by mid June maybe.:drool:

I wanna see a burnout!
I'd imagine it'll happen at some point. I've got a spare set of wheels with some old tires that could probably be repurposed:icon_thumby:

AlwaysOnKill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Wow ! Love the truck . Do you have pics of cobra pedals ?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry man! didn't realize this had been bumped. I don't have any pics right now. I've had a couple of requests for interior shots though, so I'll try and take a few over the weekend for ya!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Took some quick shots of the interior for those who were interested. Please ignore the filthy-ness!

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not a huge update, but the engine build is progressing. Got some ARP head studs, and stiffer valve springs in the mail today!

98 RANGAH

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just drew your ranger for my art class bonus... If my teacher has any tast at all it will get all 10 points :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals