Homemade tools


Featured Build Threads

Yes, a mason jar and air line fittings with silicone caulk to seal the fittings to the lid.

Richard

that's what i like...common items repurposed for specific jobs.
a lot of us have specialty tools all around us,but just don't realize it.
 
Case spreader:
Homemade tools

Homemade tools


8.8" axle bearing puller:
Homemade tools
 
Good stuff.
I can see how and why for the bearing puller, but why a case spreader?

Richard
 
Makes it easier to install and remove the carrier when you've got proper side bearing preload on it. A plastic dead blow hammer gets em in and a pry bar gets em out, but the spreader does make the job easier.
 
i like the case spreader....i should have built one of those a long time ago.
 
Hmm.... I might use the idea of Electrolysis Rust Removal for my whole truck.



.....I wonder where I could get a pool big enough for my f150? :icon_confused:
 
Hmm.... I might use the idea of Electrolysis Rust Removal for my whole truck.



.....I wonder where I could get a pool big enough for my f150? :icon_confused:

beverly hills.
 
true but that is a little far just for rust removal especially for me since i'm in Iowa. :dunno:

Oh well I'll just drive it into the closest pond and surround it with chain link fence :icon_twisted:
 
looks good.it's amasing how handy it is being able to bend a piece of metal.
 
Without putting it in a vice and beating the snot out of it.
 
Exactly....I will be building one of these.....once I get a press
 
Homemade tools


Homemade tools


Homemade tools


Homemade tools


Homemade tools



This is my current bender I made a few years ago. It's been my "buddy" in my ranger V8 swap. It can do 1/8" steel, 6" wide without getting a hernia lifting up on the bar.

Doesn't sound like the best or a lot, but it's been invalueable when I needed to make brackets and such.

Hence, why I want to make some fixtures for my press to bend thicker stuff.


Does a 12 ton press do the job, or will I need to upgrade?
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top