Things I miss on vehicles


Featured Build Threads

I gave up on Autozone. When I was the service manager at the Ford dealer 1/4 mile away, they gave me a different phone number to use-"for professionals"- it got me a relatively experienced counterman. After retiring a woman there told me I couldn't use the number anymore and was particularly snotty about it. Rather than deal with the untrained chimps out front, I just started going elsewhere. Carquest is 3 miles from my house and all their countermen are experienced and knowledgeable.
 
Know what you mean lil_Blue_Ford.
After several bad experiences of my own at different 'zones, I switch to advance.
No issues since then.

Employee knowledge, expertise and attitude has alot to do with it...
Front counter help at my local Autozone isn’t good and that seems to be relatively common. Front counter help at any of the three local Advance stores is generally worse (yes, there are three Advance stores within about 8 miles from me and I don’t live in a city, weird). I deal with the commercial counter in Autozone and the manager for Commercial at the local store is awesome. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.
 
Advance in my town seems to pay everyone on commission. They won't offer the range of parts "grades". Whatever the most expensive thing in the system is is what the insist on selling. Even if it's a 3 day order item and and the next one down is in stock. I had to argue that one before when I could see the cheaper part in stock on their screen...
 
The local store switched from Advanced. There are other stores in the region that did the same. The owner said they had backorders for months. After switcing to Parts City, they filled many of those backorders in a week.
 
Amen that SenorNoob.
While advance here is better at correct parts, counter people always try to sell me the most expensive ones they carry.
A few over ambitious computer jockeys even said cheaper alternatives would screw up my truck. :rolleyes:
 
Eh... Autozone. can be a mixed bag. a few weeks back, the ex was having issues with the brake/ stop light on the driver side. turned out that part of the wiring harness was damaged, so changing the bulbs would not last long. changed the harness that held the bulbs with a junkyard one, saw that the stop and tail light bulb was blown and went to Autozone for a replacement. did not know what bulb, the guy at the counter looked at the blown one and said 3156. weird, never heard of that one, but they had it. Then wanted to upsell me "bulb grease" which was great and necessary for the old brass socket and lead terminal bulbs from the early 80s and older. but modern cars have stainless steel socket terminals and the bulbs have stainless contacts, and all bulb grease is gonna do is collect dust. so after firmly refusing that, we took the bulb and found out it would not fit at all. at this point, Sarah was ready to rip his head off and crap down his neck because perimenopause is definitely a mood changer for her... but I digress. went back and got another counterman (took same bulb that was blown and asked him to look it up in the system. 3157. that sounded better, and he did not try to upsell us bulb grease... and whatddya know, the bulb fit and worked.

AJ
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top