Arkansas ranger owner.


Featured Build Threads

The 4.6 is out. Not losing my AC. Onto a 2.3 SVO rotating assembly n/a. Maybe a 50 shot on it. 😃 😀 😄
 
I've gotta find a lower mile M5R1. I got a piece of scyro ring in the oil when I drained it. Bummer. The slave is binding after a long drive at interstate speeds. A 4.6 is OUT. Not losing my AC for no amount of zoom....... Turns out they ain't a SBC. HUGE. So. It SVO 2.3 I guess. I looked at every avaliable option and it looks like the best option.
 
On the turbo 2.3L thing if you are wanting to keep most of the stock engine or engine operating system from your '95 the only parts you would want to use would be the pistons and rods (rods don't matter but they're attached to the pistons...). It would be a pain to get the older engine to work with the newer crank sensor and cam sensor not to mention the newer heads flow better... there's ways to do it but not to much gain... there were a lot of little changes on the Lima's over the years...

FWIW on my '97 I want to put a mild turbo on it but probably limit to about 5psi with likely one size bigger injector to help out, mainly want mileage since it's my daily driver just need a little more go...

Also depending on how handy you are rebuilding an M5OD by just throwing bearings and synchro's in it isn't a huge job, if you dedicate the weekend to it it could be done...
 
I've had a turbo busa. I've been thru a 03 turbo beetle. Good car. 2012 Nissan juke. Crap transmission good motor, They all shared one common thing. Way more maintenance and dealing with the heat they produce. Complexities.

I'm using my 97 block. I want a bullet proof rotating assembly. It allows me to do whatever after that's solid.

Currently it's a 95 2300 Mazda head on a 97 block. Even now with high mileage it's got good power.
Arkansas ranger owner.



I'll keep this transmission. Time is the issue right now for me. I can throw in another one in an evening and be back on the road.

It's time to be bowhunting or fishing in Arkansas. The heat finally broke here. It's glorious. Now some rain.
 
Yeah, 55 days at 100°+ and 33 consecutive is no joke.
 
I've had a turbo busa. I've been thru a 03 turbo beetle. Good car. 2012 Nissan juke. Crap transmission good motor, They all shared one common thing. Way more maintenance and dealing with the heat they produce. Complexities.

I'm using my 97 block. I want a bullet proof rotating assembly. It allows me to do whatever after that's solid.

Currently it's a 95 2300 Mazda head on a 97 block. Even now with high mileage it's got good power.
View attachment 149414


I'll keep this transmission. Time is the issue right now for me. I can throw in another one in an evening and be back on the road.

It's time to be bowhunting or fishing in Arkansas. The heat finally broke here. It's glorious. Now some rain.
That's reasonable, with the stock Turbo forged pistons and everything else stock apparently you don't run into a weak point until around 300hp or something... I leave my '90 at around 14psi so it's maybe 200hp...
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top