• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Willies Jeep for $100?

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
To have a vehicle titled in YOUR name, you need to be a legal adult in your state... the only way to have your name on the title is if a parent or guardian is also on there.

For 50 bucks, you oughta buy that durango, really cheap, and it has a great interior and pretty good exterior, you could easily make some money on that deal...
WRONG. I have owned cars since I was 16 and my name was always the only one on the NYS title. Some states may be different but it isn't an absolute.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
sorry to break it to u johnny, but i think u'll be out bidded on ebay :\

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, you'll get outbid on e-bay.

Yes, you can get get it titled to you, but you need an insurance policy with YOUR name (not your parents names and you listed as a driver) to get the title.

That jeep though, pottstown isn't actually all that far. We could probably make a 2 day trip of it. We could go down Friday evening, stay at my parent's house, get dad's truck, tow the jeep back to Wellsboro on day 2.

Also, brake lines aren't hard to do. The worst part about them is that they are usually hard to get the threads started, and for you, RUST.

Last edited:

ZackW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
As mentioned, that Jeep really wouldn't take much to get driveable, but the seller clearly states he has no title for it. While you possibly could get one with just a bill of sale, it's generally a lot more hassle than it's worth. Also he states "item for sale local so I reserve the right to end auction early." which generally means a day/few hours before the auction ends, he can just cancel it if it's not high enough and say he sold locally.

And I think that "thing" zip tied in the engine bay just might be a gas tank.. =/

Ryanbr6

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think both are unrealistic figures.

If you have money to restore these, or the parts are not a problem, why not just buy a more reliable rig for a few bucks extra?
500 extra bucks alone can be realms different.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I am heading towards the Jeep, but looking for someplace to store it, and still saving up to buy it, currently have about $40 or so on me, so maybe 3 or 4 days wort of good work and I have what I need to travel to get it.

I am still lookin for someone to help!!!! I need decent transport, trailer, and storage (want to store till I am 18 in February, and will have the guy give me the Jeep, and catch him later on for the notery for the title).

Mainly, just need a driver, and a place to keep it. I want to do this by August 7th.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I am looking into getting the Jeep, and said "Hell" with the Durango.

I just need a driver and a place to store the jeep. I will be talking to dad about it I guess, but I want to get it to my house first. I will ask the owner what it will cost a local mechanic to get brakes on it. I just want the rear set to work really. The front dont need to =P. If I can prove it runs, and can drive, I am good with it, but before I buy it I am gonna get some images of how bad the rust really is.

Will be talking to a friend I am iffy about to store the truck out back in the sand pit by his house. Atleast till I can get to it.

Wish me godspeed on that one 0_0

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Found out the tires are weather cracked (dried rotted basically), and the owner really doesn't care about the thing, thats why he is sellin it so cheap.

I could use my car dolly, or rent one from Uhaul, but I still need a driver!!!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Well, I might as well do that with mine, will my truck's tires fit on it for transportation?

I have a temporary list at work I will be doing to it:

Body Work - (rust removal, dent removal, various part replacement, paint job)
Suspension - (Cleanup and most likely, replacement)
Interior - (Seat repair/replacement, test guages, rust cleanup, repaint)
Engine - (Fix smoking issue, replace seals, rebuild engine eventually, take to mechanic)
Transmission - (no idea yet)
Everything else - (Flush all fluids, clean gas tank, replace filters, tires, lights, Custom Work)

I plan to remove the back of it, and make it an outdoors truck, something I dont have to worry about getting wet, but still have a removable cover thats easy to work with on it.

I also plan on duel gas tanks on the back (can get 2 WWII gas tanks from local shops for $20 each), and I am gonna repaint the entire thing probably a military Green. If I put a cage on it, that will be black. All flat colors minus the cage being a glossy black.

ALL components will be removed from the jeep, cleaned up, repainted, and put back on, starting with the engine.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I am buying it!

I talked to the guy and he said the frame is good but has some small rust spots, the cab comes off the jeep, and the engine runs well, just smokes a little.

I am gonna talk to dad tonight, wish me luck.

I am also still lookin for a place to store it, between my house and Williamsport.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
alright, its up to $300+ but the owner does not mind $100 straight up since he said he would already, so with 2 days left of bidding, I will need dad to pay him via paypal or credit, and I pay dad back, tis hoping I can get it from here.

Kirbot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
258 straight six
Transmission
Manual
Just spotted this topic.
Congratulations!

If the engine is good, the frame is solid, and the body salvagable, I'd say you got one hell of a deal!

Jeeps...
There noisy, uncomfortable, get not so great gas millage.....
But there sure fun to drive, and there probably one of the simplest vehicles around to work on.

Give her some lift and good tires, and prepare to have fun.

Just a quick warning.
Jeeps= Just Empty Every Pocket

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
It was not worth it after I saw the underside, thats just wrong....

but on the upside, save myself a worthless project and might just keep throwing money at my wallet to get the truck from my dad's deceased old boss.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals