• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WI wrenchin' party/spring g2g??

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I like the sound of this....... the only problem is if I bring my Explorer down it might not make it out of your shop:icon_welder:... ha ha ha
I got so many projects to do to it but so little money.:bawling:

Yeah start throwing out some dates I think it would be great to meet you guys. I work third shift so Friday afternoons till Sunday afternoon I am off....but I still got vacation days to burn.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just keep this going, more will see it. I'm passing the word around. Even without a project, got too many like CountyBoy said, think it would just be nice to meet/greet. Winter is still hanging on up here.
Dave of the Nord

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah i'm hoping it warms up and dries out sooner rather than later, though it doesn't hurt my feelings to much missing out on this weather, if it was sunny and 60 i'd have a hard time resting. I got a tone of parts ordered so I am good on projects to but I am thinking a meet and great is the ticket anyways

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I like the idea of meeting and I don't mind if we do some wrenching. I'm not sure if I'll have my Explorer down or not depends on what dates.
If not I am willing to help turn some wrenches on your projects if you want.

I am looking for some wheeling buddies and places to go.....I haven't been wheeling for serveral years:bawling: Lets get the word around about this thread.

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Id come over depending on the dates lol i could always use some help fitting a one piece aluminum bumper off my dads old Jeep J10 on the front of my 87 ranger lol that should be interesting and i wanna make a different bumper for the back kinda like the original STX tube bumpers

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah and I need to paint my doors since it now has the bright calypso green metallic doors on both sides cause my power doors didnt work and i didnt feel like messing with them

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone Know Predator? Doesn't look like he has been on here in a long time, hoping everything is ok. But I was thinking maybe we should do a meet and greet in Eau Claire or something in the next month or so. I know there is a Harbor Freight not far from the big mall there and a lot of good restraunts. Maybe May 21st or something or the weekend before that.

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Is frontend work a possibility? Ball joints are bad on my 92.
Also anyone capable of doing gears?
92 4x4

Would depend on the date though with the kids sports rolling finally.

Jeff

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone Know Predator? Doesn't look like he has been on here in a long time, hoping everything is ok. But I was thinking maybe we should do a meet and greet in Eau Claire or something in the next month or so. I know there is a Harbor Freight not far from the big mall there and a lot of good restraunts. Maybe May 21st or something or the weekend before that.
PM you some info.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ball joints would be a snap for ya. Where are you from? I got a mint Ball joint press. I have also set up gears to. I am looking crush sleeve eliminator shims for the Dana 35 and 8.8 if they are available to make life so much easier. Not sure if they are available though for those axles.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I might be able to do a meet and greet, if you guys decide on a date, I will try to get off of work for it.

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
id prob be able to do a meet and greet too depending on the date. just as long as its not on graduation or before ill be good lol that is of course if my fiancee is ok with it lol

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
From Ladysmith.
Once we get a date setup I'm sure I'll be able to afford the ball joints but the gears will be iffy being it will be almost 1,100 bux for the kits and gears!!! But I will try :). Just have such a hard time spending that when a 302 would fit....
Which ball joints you guys recommend? All is shot on passenger side but should I do the drivers too?
1992 extended cab 4x4 ranger has 3 inch lift, 31's, stick with a super(not) powerful 2.9 backed with 373's according to the tag.

Jeff

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i would replace them both then you wont have to worry about changing the other one soon. i wouldnt risk the other one possibly being bad from the other one failing but someone correct me if im wrong

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals