• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WI wrenchin' party/spring g2g??

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
this is something we are doing on another forum, once it warms up a little bit we are converging with trucks/tools and parts at someone's house/shop and spending the night, pitching tents, sleep in the truck whatever and have a 2 day group wrenchfest!!!

any interest?? i would be willing to offer up my place, i got plenty of room, unless someone can trump my shop that is willing to host a party that is lol..

planning should start now..it will be warm enough to sleep outside in the next 2-3 months..lets get this going!!!

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'd be in, I don't have a shop though but I always like working on my truck.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd be in, I don't have a shop though but I always like working on my truck.
shop is covered, i got a 30x45..i should even have the explorer mobile by then so i can get a chance to really clean the shop out for maximum workspace...its slightly cluttered right now lol..

anything on your to-do list for your truck??

as far as tooling goes i have most everything needed for about anything you can dream up, local steel supplier is about an 8 minute drive, i can pick up materials ahead of time if members want to do some fab work...i do recomend that people bring their own tools, although i am well stocked..i dont have 5 sets of everything lol..

anybody else interested??

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya know that is a really kick ass idea. I dont live anywhere near you but still, what a great idea to put some heads together and solve some problems.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I got all my tools to so good there, don't have a tube bender do ya? Which supplier is that? Steel Towne?

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
if i had a tubing bender i would never leave the shop....:icon_welder::icon_hornsup:

yeah steel towne is like 8minutes away...

come on...there has to be people that want a place to wrench on their trucks..you could be doing maintenence for all i care..spring is a good time to change fluids, sensors, belts, ect.ect...

and of course there is always modification..which is just fun lol...

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
if i had a tubing bender i would never leave the shop....:icon_welder::icon_hornsup:

yeah steel towne is like 8minutes away...

come on...there has to be people that want a place to wrench on their trucks..you could be doing maintenence for all i care..spring is a good time to change fluids, sensors, belts, ect.ect...

and of course there is always modification..which is just fun lol...
If I lived there I would be on it like blue bonnet. And on them cute Wisconsin girls too.:icon_thumby:

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Spring in WI is always good for the girls, First 60-70 weekend and you have short skirts like crazy!. Predetor I might be in for doing my No-Slip install then or lower intake manifold gasket, I also Forgot I have a Hydraulic Tube bender I can bring if you want, I have never used it and had if for probably 7 years :-(

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Gonna have to make sure I get my stone crusher steering installed by then:icon_thumby: My stock set up has about 1/2 of play at the pitman arm:shok: NO Good it wanders like a blind sheep through a open field

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah i have one of those hydraulic benders too..every time i used it it kinked really bad...so i just use the mandrels and my torch to bend metal lol...

yeah i saw my first mini skirt the other day actually lol..bare them pasty white legs!!!:icon_rofl:

manifold gasket/no slip sounds good...i got more projects than you can shake a stick at...dont matter to me which one gets worked on lol...:dunno:

i might be able to order up my lowering kit for my 83 diesel ranger..that would be fun..need to find some 17'' cobra rims for it too:headbang:

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i got a new welder!!! well, its not really mine, it belongs to a friend of mine but he hasnt used it once since he bought it and he does all his welding in my shop so he figured he might as well put it there lol!!!

here is a pic of "my" new toy-:icon_welder::icon_welder::icon_welder:

it is a Lincoln Electric Power MIG 255, digital readout, built in cart and tank holder:yahoo:

anybody up for some fabbing?? i need to find something to weld with this thing lol..

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Might be up for some bumper work. I'm sure we can come up with something to modify. You thinking of any dates for this yet?

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
I'd join you guys if I could make some time. But I really don't have anything that needs to be done on my truck though. Yet.........

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd sure come down for some time just to meet some of you. Have no idea from week to week what I'm doing.
Dave of the Nord

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals