• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WI wrenchin' party/spring g2g??

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So upper and lower on both sides anything else that should be done when in or around there? Just regular oreily's will suffice?

Jeff

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So upper and lower on both sides anything else that should be done when in or around there? Just regular oreily's will suffice?

Jeff
Are the u joints in good shape? If they need changing now would be the time because you got to pull the shafts out to get the balljoints out.

Better get some wheel bearing grease and 2 inner wheel bearing seals and hopefully your wheel bearings are in good shape.

Oreily's should be good also advance auto somtimes has better deals on parts.......Oreily's is sometimes a little more pricey at least around here.

So your from Ladysmith? I used to go there for my reserve duty.

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Are the u joints in good shape? If they need changing now would be the time because you got to pull the shafts out to get the balljoints out.

Better get some wheel bearing grease and 2 inner wheel bearing seals and hopefully your wheel bearings are in good shape.

Oreilly's should be good also advance auto somtimes has better deals on parts.......Oreilly's is sometimes a little more pricey at least around here.

So your from Ladysmith? I used to go there for my reserve duty.

The u-joints seem to be okay but I may as well replace them while in there. The bearings inners by the gears or outers? Hard to replace them?

Man O'reillys was a huge step up for me!!! Used to get Napa parts, had an account and still was way more expensive.

Ya we moved to ladysmith last jan. Good people around here and peaceful out in the country. Just what we wanted/needed. Now waking up to snow on this day makes me think we are back up north :dunno:

Jeff

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The u-joints seem to be okay but I may as well replace them while in there. The bearings inners by the gears or outers? Hard to replace them?

Jeff
Bearings I was talking about are the spindle bearings the ones in the rotors. Not hard at all to change just messy with the grease.

Yeah this snow is getting old......... been trying to convince the wife to move somewhere warmer:D probably won't happen:sad:

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So upper, lower ball joints, 2 u-joints and 2 bearings.

Was in goodyear az for 6 months and wasn't impressed. I worked in the woods my whole life and missed the trees. People were nice but 99.9% stayed inside. Cost of living wasn't as bad as I thought but much much harder to find something to do without dropping alot of dough. And the rules drove me insane!! Can't even wash your own car for crying out loud!!!!

Jeff

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Is this a good deal?

1997 explorer awd 5.0
green 4 door with beautiful tan leather, new junkyard engine runs strang,new plugs,wires,intake gaskets, egr,throttle boddy gaskets,belts.

needs transmission issue fixed, idk whats wrong with it, put the second trans in and nothing so im done messing with it.

i bought this last september for my wife knowing it needed a engine, i replaced the engine to find out the trans was bad. so i got one from a guy on cl and it was bad, so i got one from a buddy (who now isnt my buddy anymore) that he said was good and now to find out it isnt.

needs a powersteering line tightened on the rack, havent got around to it and wont till its running driving.
the hood and passenger fender could use a polish,looks like a mako paint job, and there is a little rust on the passenger rocker, but is in great shape for its age.
price is firm!
$1000

Does the computer control the tranny? Could it be that simple???

Jeff

Last edited:

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If the motor is good, You could always get a new trans from Ford for $3000 with a 3 yr/30000 mile warranty. Trans would be computer controlled but its hard to say if the band is gone or the servo is bad.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, havent been around in a while, life has the way of poking up and ruining all the fun lol..

( NO, i did not get the wife pregnant....THANK GOD!):yahoo:

right now the shop is fairly clean even (kinda) except for my explorer, hopefully i will get the parts to finish that up this summer..

the longer this thread is up the more attention it brings i guess...fordrunner, you have been busy on your truck lately havent you?? wasnt your ranger kinda stockish a while back?

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey Man glad to see you back. Someone thought you got into a wreck or something.

Yeah I've been doing some work but kinda slowing down now need to swap different coils and fab up some fender mounts so make it sorta street legal. Still should get together soon (kid be coming any day now but still probably could get away for a few hours)

again glad to see ya back hope everything is going good

volrath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
i need to get on here more! I miss to much stuff. im down for a meet and greet and or wrenching party.

hey jesse i live in e.c. now over by bowlwinkles. lol small place with no garage. but it works. you should swing by some time. 1120 meridian heights #9

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals