• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whos raced ricers with there ranger an won?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
My old VW bug with the Empi motor that put out 125 hp beat a lot of hot rods at the Friday night drags.
There's a bug here that runs mid 10's. Them little buggers can scoot if they are built right. All this talk has me excited for the races this summer.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think so, Bro. I have driven several turbo diesel motors and that were not stock, and the hp they put out were crappy and the only thing they were good for was for keeping up on highway speeds pulling something behind it. That turbo diesel is not putting out 30 lbs of boost. It would never hold together when he first reved the motor. Post some photos of that junk diesel motor hauling ass. Ain't no 4 banger diesel ever going to have any real hp, Bro.
who said anything about it being a diesel?...bro?

dasfinc

October 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ricers don't ever mess with my orange truck... the exhaust empties on the passenger side, and you can feel the vibration in your chest if you are close enough to it...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Ricers don't ever mess with my orange truck... the exhaust empties on the passenger side, and you can feel the vibration in your chest if you are close enough to it...
Nice, they probably can't even hear their fart can when you're next to them!

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will have a ranger like this...exept myexhaust will have a big muffler and a cutout

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
I just got done working on one of them imports for about 6 hours. On the test drive we gathered up three cruisers that followed us everywhere. I guess they figured a bright red 2nd gen Eclipse GST with a loud exhaust and 17's was out trolling for Hondas, but our car club doesn't allow ANY street racing, not even quick stoplight drags - my rule. It was kind of ridiculous, I wanted to get it on the highway and see if it ran proper under a full load at wide open throttle, but with those dinks around we couldn't even get out of vacuum.

I doubt anything short of a 5.0 Ranger take this rice rocket on...

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yea, that nasty exhaust empties into their car and chokes them up...lol

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
who said anything about it being a diesel?...bro?
Sorry...I said I have driven several turbo diesel motors, your buddies 30 lb turbo booted motor is not feasible.......I did not mean he had a diesel motor...sorry. But I know motors very well...I have built them all my life and I know what a motor is capable of putting out.

Mahgongo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
One of the guys i was stationed with has an RSX that sounds like a pist off mosiquto and he thinks it is the fastest thing on wheels. I said I would race him if I got to pick the spot. He said ok, He followed me out to the bayou and after I dropped in 4wheel and pulled into some slick muck his reaction was "OH H311 NO!!" so I win by default right?

therefore not street racing :p

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
One of the guys i was stationed with has an RSX that sounds like a pist off mosiquto and he thinks it is the fastest thing on wheels. I said I would race him if I got to pick the spot. He said ok, He followed me out to the bayou and after I dropped in 4wheel and pulled into some slick muck his reaction was "OH H311 NO!!" so I win by default right?

therefore not street racing :p
Hmmmmm...NO!! lol You get an 'A' for effort!!!!

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea, going straight is not the best...but think about what would happen if you were racing on the street cutting in and out of traffic with no concerns for somebody else's safety...and then that crash happens....someone with you is killed..or someone you slammed into is killed....can you live with that??
I think you have me a bit wrong here... I dont race lol. I drive for a living and am in a rush all of it, so i try for just below 10 over (kms). But im not talking doing 80 or more down mainstreet, swerving thru traffic racing some civic lol. I know my limits and i make sure im not pushing the car to it. I put on a good minimum of 20 hours a week like this in all weather up here, so i know what do to in pretty much any situation.

I'm not saying driving like i do is safer than slower, but im not just some punk racing around for kicks. People need their pizzas :p. Me and my dad together take care of about 10 resturants at once so things can get stacked even tho Moose Jaw is small city.

I was saying that i would love to have the chance to take a car down to a real track and get to push it to its limits. Somewhere where there arent cars to hit or pedestrians to watch for. I figure drag racing would be fun, but going straight isnt the funnest part to driving for me lol.

After all, all i have is a tired 2.9L ranger and a minivan lol. Not much for a race lineup even tho the minivan surprized me a bit by actually having some power to it.

Last edited:

6jeff6

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Interesting read but perplexing how someone can say 1/4 drag is boring. Have you ever been in a fast car?? The launch takes a lot of work if you have the power even on the strip. Funny how people think you slap on dr's or slicks and it hooks. There's plenty more to it guys and gals but you need power to make it fun..... 11 second 125 mph run in a street car is a blast.

Jeff

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Sorry...I said I have driven several turbo diesel motors, your buddies 30 lb turbo booted motor is not feasible.......I did not mean he had a diesel motor...sorry. But I know motors very well...I have built them all my life and I know what a motor is capable of putting out.
Are you insinuating a 2.3 turbo won't take 30psi, no matter how well it's built and tuned? How the hell did I run 20lbs on a stock tune, stock turbo and stock longblock then?

EDIT - They run 15lbs stock with no intercooler, and I've seen many on stock shortblocks running 25-30 reliably with high miles for a long time. Back when I was more into the 2.3 turbos, I had a guy ask me why his XR4Ti was pegging the boost guage all the way over and sounded like someone was firing a machinegun at his hood when he floored it. He said he even held the throttle for 5 minutes like that trying to figure it out. I figured it out - wastegate was stuck shut. Didn't hurt the motor at all, probably took a few miles off it's usable life, but it ran fine with a new actuator. They're tougher than you think, just head on over to the turbo ford boards and look around.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Are you insinuating a 2.3 turbo won't take 30psi, no matter how well it's built and tuned? How the hell did I run 20lbs on a stock tune, stock turbo and stock longblock then?

EDIT - They run 15lbs stock with no intercooler, and I've seen many on stock shortblocks running 25-30 reliably with high miles for a long time. Back when I was more into the 2.3 turbos, I had a guy ask me why his XR4Ti was pegging the boost guage all the way over and sounded like someone was firing a machinegun at his hood when he floored it. He said he even held the throttle for 5 minutes like that trying to figure it out. I figured it out - wastegate was stuck shut. Didn't hurt the motor at all, probably took a few miles off it's usable life, but it ran fine with a new actuator. They're tougher than you think, just head on over to the turbo ford boards and look around.

Sorry, Bro!!! No it won't!!!! I know this for a fact. At 30 psi that will blow up that motor unless you got $45,000 to put in a crap 4 banger. I know motors inside and out and I built some of the best small blocks and big blocks and no way is that guys motor running 30 lbs or boost!!! You can't tell me this because I have built turbocharged MGB's and TR6's when I used to race in SCCA. I raced my 72 911S that I built it from the bottom up and my 911 flat 6 had over 285 hp and it had a top speed of 198 mph in the straights of Laguna Seca and at Sebring race track. My brother-in-laws 02 Subaru turbo is running 400+ AWHP/TQ at 19 PSI and it has a top speed at Sebring of 165 in the straits!!! He has a ton of money in that car and it was done right. I have drove it several times and it is scary awesome!!!. Almost as fast as my 87 Vette that will do just a bit over 210 mph. I built my Vette and it is wicked and scary fast!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals