• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whos raced ricers with there ranger an won?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Also beat a GT mustang cause the guy got out of the throttle, not the car's fault(I hope)
No way is a 3.0, or a 4.0 for that matter, going to think of hangin' with a Mustang GT. This is clearly a case of a dumbass behind the wheel. It's one thing to own a Mustang, and another to know how to drive it. My Mustang would annihilate my Ranger in a race.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84/89
Make / Model
Ford
Chevy
Engine Size
2.8lt v6 2.5lt four bangr
Transmission
Automatic
we arent stupid, i know where the right place is to race an not, my truck dont have any power so i wont race justd mudd play

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry guys but no stock Ranger can shut down any stock ricer with the equivalent motor. I have seen a lot of stock ricers with smaller stock motors beat the 4.0 Ranger anytime day or night. No built Ranger can shut down a built ricer. I have seen a lot of Hondawgs and Yotas scream off the line like a rocket ship. My brother-in-laws street legal turbo Subaru with 19 psi hits just a bit over 165 mph on the race track (rally racing). It is a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX rally car with a TD06-20G turbo @ 19 psi.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
idk.. my buddys 93 ranger 2.3 turbo runnin 30lbs of boost beat my other buddys rsx ..the rsx isnt stock but i dont know the specs on it

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
idk.. my buddys 93 ranger 2.3 turbo runnin 30lbs of boost beat my other buddys rsx ..the rsx isnt stock but i dont know the specs on it
I don't think so, Bro. I have driven several turbo diesel motors and that were not stock, and the hp they put out were crappy and the only thing they were good for was for keeping up on highway speeds pulling something behind it. That turbo diesel is not putting out 30 lbs of boost. It would never hold together when he first reved the motor. Post some photos of that junk diesel motor hauling ass. Ain't no 4 banger diesel ever going to have any real hp, Bro.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Remember gents, TRS doesn't condone illegal activity like street racing. The "my ranger is faster than a WRX STi w/ a million turbos" discussion is fine, but if the street racing continues I'm going to lock this.

Enjoy.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my mark VII was notorious for it, i took it down to atco raceway a few times while i had it, you would think if they JUST watched u run a mid 14 they wouldnt be suprised when u line up next to them and blow there doors off, lol, the look of suprise as u catch second and are gone is priceless

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't think so, Bro. I have driven several turbo diesel motors and that were not stock, and the hp they put out were crappy and the only thing they were good for was for keeping up on highway speeds pulling something behind it. That turbo diesel is not putting out 30 lbs of boost. It would never hold together when he first reved the motor. Post some photos of that junk diesel motor hauling ass. Ain't no 4 banger diesel ever going to have any real hp, Bro.
2.3T could be a gas too, 30lbs of boost is quite a bit though...

rusty70f100

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
My old '70 F100 Ranger would smack 'em down every time! :D

It was always fun to see 'em after they got beat by what looks like a rusty old farm truck. :sad:

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Idk about the 4.0s, but my tired 2.9 wouldnt come close to beating any decent ricer lol. Maybe one of those civics with the smallest engine, waaay too big exhaust for the lil 4banger, and a crappy driver that cant drive stick. lol. But hey, its got 292XXX kms on her so im happy it still runs without skipping a beat.

Lol but you'd be surprized what cars are hiding some power. My family owned business's 02 venture minivan packs a bit of a punch. Lol poor hondas never stood a chance :p

(I do not condone street racing. Sorry if it came out that way, but everyone screws around after school/work or whatever when ur friend thinks they are cool lol)

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
My old '70 F100 Ranger would smack 'em down every time! :D

It was always fun to see 'em after they got beat by what looks like a rusty old farm truck. :sad:
My old VW bug with the Empi motor that put out 125 hp beat a lot of hot rods at the Friday night drags. People with real hp motors had to spot a lesser hp car and that made the race so much more interesting!!!...Race Tracks......the safe place to race. If we are going to race...make it a safe place. Grudge Matches were so much fun and they were also the race of the week. It is always safe to race on a track...the street is just too busy to do something like this.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Race Tracks......the safe place to race. If we are going to race...make it a safe place. Grudge Matches were so much fun and they were also the race of the week. It is always safe to race on a track...the street is just too busy to do something like this.
I wish there was a good track here to race on. I beleive theres a 1/4 mile in saskatoon, but drag racing seems boring. Been there, done that. Going straight isnt everything

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I wish there was a good track here to race on. I beleive theres a 1/4 mile in saskatoon, but drag racing seems boring. Been there, done that. Going straight isnt everything
Yea, going straight is not the best...but think about what would happen if you were racing on the street cutting in and out of traffic with no concerns for somebody else's safety...and then that crash happens....someone with you is killed..or someone you slammed into is killed....can you live with that??

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
he is obviously speaking to a gasser. but if by some miricle you could get 30 psi on a 2.3 diesel and not turn its innards to a puddle, it would likely beat a vast majority of anything in a 2wd truck.

my mark VII was notorious for it, i took it down to atco raceway a few times while i had it, you would think if they JUST watched u run a mid 14 they wouldnt be suprised when u line up next to them and blow there doors off, lol, the look of suprise as u catch second and are gone is priceless
miss my mark 7, seen a mint 91 car recently for 4500. i would like to 351 that eventually with 4-450 hp.....wife shut that idea down too. really want a challenger or something but those are 30 plus k....never happen. so i tried sneaking this in as a spare car that is also for madi to drive.... she knows me too well:icon_rofl:

look for a rallye type or road race course....there are lots of timed parking lot runs too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals