• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
I hit up my local hobby shop and bit the bullet and got another RC truck. I used to race when I was young but my wife at the time took all my cars and box of parts, charger, batterys ect. and sold them on me. She's not my wife anymore...

I was looking at the the Traxxas Maxx but found one that had a complete exo cage so if Major steps on it it wont break as easy. I wanted something I could crawl with and have some speed and I found it in the Traxxas Summit. 2 speed trans allows for slow speed crawling and lockable front and rear diffs. I may regear it a little lower as the crawling is a bit tough with it but I only ran it for about half the battery's life and was stopped by the rain.

A new toy to play with and I have a couple friends that have the T-Maxx so we can have some fun together with them.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ran through the vacuum bleed process on the F-100 again. I installed speed bleeders on the front calipers when I replaced them in an attempt to make it bleedable by myself. Might have worked if the rear lines hadn't been full of air. Turns out that speed bleeders and vacuum bleeders down work well together. Apparently it doesn't pull enough vacuum to unseat the check ball in the speed bleeder. Still having the vacuum bleeder hooked kept the job cleaner and helped to ensure no air got back in. Brakes seem to be improving.

Dumped some water remover and octane booster in the tank since the gas is old, will fill with fresh as soon as I get it on the road.

Then I filled a bucket with some dish soap, found a coarse piece of fuel tank foam (@sgtsandman will know the stuff) and started scrubbing. Paint is shot anyway and the coarse foam does a good job of removing the mold or what ever it is that grows on paint. Anyhow, got all of the hood, fenders and windshield "clean" before a storm rolled in.

Perhaps tomorrow I can see about fixing the speedometer or fuel gauge. Speedometer has been intermitten for a while and currently not working, so I've been using GPS speed. I've also got a new driven gear to correct the speed, or atleast get it closer. Gauge sending unit was replaced in 2018, but who knows why it quit this time.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
My kyb shocks finally got here today, woulda put them on after supper but it started raining, so I guess it can wait another day or two. I need to build the plywood rear floor anyways before the interior plastic panels go back in anyhow- and modify them for the upper shock mount bracing Ive built. The shocks themselves are about a hour for both r&r but the rest of my fab work is more than I want to get into on a “school night”.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely
That’s a lot of information, but KY is never a bad option, especially if you have a helper…

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
In the every other hour Craigslist scan, a guy had a 54 inch LED light bar, spot-flood combo, for free! Lincoln and I hopped in the Missing Linc and ran up there, 20 minutes away

IMG_1633.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg

I assumed one or two of the lights were out, or maybe a bracket was broken. Everything is modular on those light bars, and if the module is out, if you carefully cut the case, you could put it back together with one less light. But nope, everything like it should be, just needs a little cleaning up

I have no idea what I’m going to do with it, I already have floods on everything, but nothing near this size. It’ll find a home somewhere.

I love craigslist. And it fit right in my budget to fill a couple of the holes I’m digging out in the shed of miracles.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I got the water tank and everything I THINK I need to install the new tank. Who knows, by some miracle, I might even be right and not need to make another trip to the hardware store! Yeah, right! LOL

Place your bets! How many trips do you think I'll end up making?

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I got the water tank and everything I THINK I need to install the new tank. Who knows, by some miracle, I might even be right and not need to make another trip to the hardware store! Yeah, right! LOL

Usually at least two trips… :icon_rofl:

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo

Don’t think of the involvement of getting things at the hardware store as additional trips. Think of the hardware store more like part of the outskirts of the playing field for this endeavor. It’s not additional trips, it’s an expanded work area. That way you have the satisfaction of getting it done in one attempt, even if that attempt took several days.

Last edited:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Got the new shocks on the ‘09 escape & got the interior all put back together, those bottom nuts gave me fits, had to use a sissor jack with a breaker bar to get the right side loose, left side wasnt as bad but still quite tight. Need to find a small bed box to put in the back for a floor jack, breaker bar & other items.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

I always buy WAY more stuff than I need and think “I’ll just return whatever I don’t use”. I never return anything, pile up too much crap, and use something from the last project on the new project… so it works out perfect.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I always buy WAY more stuff than I need and think “I’ll just return whatever I don’t use”. I never return anything, pile up too much crap, and use something from the last project on the new project… so it works out perfect.
Seeds of a shed of miracles….

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ripped about six CDs to FLAC so and put them on a nano USB drive so I have something to listen to while driving around in the Ranger other than hip-hop, Mexican polka music, and rants about culture war nonsense. Now I want to drive around so I can listen to music.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Seeds of a shed of miracles….
Try 2 sheds and a garage you can barely walk around in, and a basement for the overflow. I’m pretty confident that I could build a running vehicle from the parts I have sitting around.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Try 2 sheds and a garage you can barely walk around in, and a basement for the overflow. I’m pretty confident that I could build a running vehicle from the parts I have sitting around.
Amateur :icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals