• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What did YOU do today?

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Never put off ‘til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Moved all the vehicles out of the way, have to put one or two in the church lot across the street in the morning, tree guy coming Thursday.

One dead, one 1/3 dead (both lightening), and one leaning way too close over the neighbor. And some general clean up.

Hate to spend the money, but my bones are too old to tackle it.

I wonder if I can pay the guy an oxygen tanks?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The real rocket Man actually lives about 3 miles from me (Elton) so that won’t work.
Lives, lived, or just owns a home? I never knew he lived in or near Atlanta, but was also never interested enough to care.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Lives, lived, or just owns a home? I never knew he lived in or near Atlanta, but was also never interested enough to care.
Lives. He actually splits the majority of his time between a condo he has here on Peachtree Street, and a place he has outside London (when he’s not flitting around the rest of the world). But more time here than anywhere else.

I actually met him a couple times at artsy fartsy functions downtown, and bumped into him twice at Peachtree DeKalb airport, a little private airport on the north side of town. Actually a pretty nice guy. Strange, but nice.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
I'm thinking mini kegs for the trailer project.
Damn that’s a good idea! I wonder if a quarter keg will fit inside the casket. I’ll have to look into that.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
3. All abandoned stuff, wiring and devices, should be removed, even if just to remove confusion about "is this hot or not?"
I always try to remove all dead or abandoned stuff but it isn’t always practical. So I usually try to label things so anyone after me knows what happened. Like I eliminated switch controlled outlets in a house but left the switch boxes and the wiring to the switches, just labeled things because there were no ceiling lights so if I end up going back or someone else wants ceiling lights, they just have to fish from the switch box to the ceiling and hook up the wires for the switch. I saw no reason to remove the switch boxes and mud over things. Or other times where it’s not practical to completely remove something, I’ll cut it back as far as I can and clearly label it as dead on both ends so if someone finds it in the future, once they find an end, they know it was abandoned but not practical to dig out of a wall/ceiling/whatever at the time it was abandoned. I’m a firm believer in labeling wiring. I write on wires and inside j-boxes, and I have two label makers. The little bit of extra work to clearly label things makes it 1,000x easier for anyone else to know exactly what’s what. I’ve wasted a lot of time tracing out circuits because someone was too lazy to label things.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
So I ended up buying that F.250 yesterday. 9800lb GVWR. 6.2L V8, still get 18mpg like my ranger.

More comfortable too even though the 250 is a base stripper model and the Ranger is pretty optioned out.

First thing the wife noticed was there isn't any arm rests on the captains chairs.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
Went for my normal thursday night bike ride and this was down the street from me.

20240328_180851.jpg
20240328_180905.jpg

RainjerBill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
15"
Doesn't have to be about Rangers, eh?

OK, I was out at the back fence gathering up armloads of wood for the woodburning stove in the front room - it's still a bit chill in the Pacific Northwet. I'm quietly hatcheting up slivers of dry kindling. It's a zen moment for me, early in the day, a light drizzle falling outside the woodshed. Then the neighbour lets her two small terrier-like mutts out. They race towards the fence and start to bark and lunge at the wooden fence, just three feet away from my backside. I turn and thump the 4x4 fence post with a lump of wood and give an equally loud yell back at the fence, frighten 'em just a bit, get 'em to go back inside, leave me in peace. I will say that this is a near-daily occurrence since the young couple moved in next door about a year ago. I've spoken to the male - a decent sort, pleasant and seemingly genuine - and we've maintained a friendly relationship all along, with him apologising regularly, but to no avail. When he's off at work his wife doesn't care and lets the little nasty yippers run free. He rings me and is all up in my virtual face about being rude to his wife who is "only trying to raise two small children". I remind him that the issue is that his dogs make unnecessary and unwanted noise to all of the surrounding neighbours all the day long.

A half an hour later two of the local constabularies finest are knocking on my front door. The woman rang the cops on me! Ha! Something about her feeling intimidated, they say. I was only making the same noise they make at me every coupla days. I remained calm.

In five minutes we're done conversing, with a friendly warning from them to steer clear of them since she's "felt threatened". "No worries", I say, and off they go.

My back neighbour sees the commotion and rings to enquire. She's had it up to there too, since we can't walk out into our back yards without triggering a bark session from the unrestrained mutts. We both fire off a public nuisance complaint online with the city about their dogs. To our collective surprise we both get a response within several hours. The city animal control has mailed a Notice of Nuisance Complaint to the owners, and stated they'd telephoned the owners, with instructions to us to record any evidence of further complaint, to be used in court, if needed.

I don't need the drama, and don't wish to cause anyone else any either. I'm just going about my business. My dogs are well behaved and don't bark unless someone's in-coming without warning, then they stop once we acknowledge their warning. It's not hard to train a dog with a little bit of time and a few generous treats.

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Their dogs haven't made a sound all day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Doesn't have to be about Rangers, eh?

OK, I was out at the back fence gathering up armloads of wood for the woodburning stove in the front room - it's still a bit chill in the Pacific Northwet. I'm quietly hatcheting up slivers of dry kindling. It's a zen moment for me, early in the day, a light drizzle falling outside the woodshed. Then the neighbour lets her two small terrier-like mutts out. They race towards the fence and start to bark and lunge at the wooden fence, just three feet away from my backside. I turn and thump the 4x4 fence post with a lump of wood and give an equally loud yell back at the fence, frighten 'em just a bit, get 'em to go back inside, leave me in peace. I will say that this is a near-daily occurrence since the young couple moved in next door about a year ago. I've spoken to the male - a decent sort, pleasant and seemingly genuine - and we've maintained a friendly relationship all along, with him apologising regularly, but to no avail. When he's off at work his wife doesn't care and lets the little nasty yippers run free. He rings me and is all up in my virtual face about being rude to his wife who is "only trying to raise two small children". I remind him that the issue is that his dogs make unnecessary and unwanted noise to all of the surrounding neighbours all the day long.

A half an hour later two of the local constabularies finest are knocking on my front door. The woman rang the cops on me! Ha! Something about her feeling intimidated, they say. I was only making the same noise they make at me every coupla days. I remained calm.

In five minutes we're done conversing, with a friendly warning from them to steer clear of them since she's "felt threatened". "No worries", I say, and off they go.

My back neighbour sees the commotion and rings to enquire. She's had it up to there too, since we can't walk out into our back yards without triggering a bark session from the unrestrained mutts. We both fire off a public nuisance complaint online with the city about their dogs. To our collective surprise we both get a response within several hours. The city animal control has mailed a Notice of Nuisance Complaint to the owners, and stated they'd telephoned the owners, with instructions to us to record any evidence of further complaint, to be used in court, if needed.

I don't need the drama, and don't wish to cause anyone else any either. I'm just going about my business. My dogs are well behaved and don't bark unless someone's in-coming without warning, then they stop once we acknowledge their warning. It's not hard to train a dog with a little bit of time and a few generous treats.

Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. Their dogs haven't made a sound all day. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Lincoln and I will remain silent on this one (sort of).

Rick W

Supporting Member
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1987
Make / Model
Ranger XLT x2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.9
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
97 stock, 3” on 87
Total Drop
N/A
Tire Size
235/75-15
My credo
Moved all the vehicles out of the way, have to put one or two in the church lot across the street in the morning, tree guy coming Thursday.

One dead, one 1/3 dead (both lightening), and one leaning way too close over the neighbor. And some general clean up.

Hate to spend the money, but my bones are too old to tackle it.

I wonder if I can pay the guy an oxygen tanks?
Tree guys came and went. I don’t think I realized till they started cutting today, the three “problem” trees were only 10% of the battle. They spent most of their time cutting back the overgrown honeysuckle.

I put the Missing Linc in the middle of the yard so they could work around it and the driveway would be clear. Big red was across the street. I still had all those oxygen cylinders in the back of the Missing Linc, and all the guys working on the trees thought I was dying, so they did a whole bunch of extra work.

I’m going to have to go to confession now….

House and yard look great, but now I have 10 times more to do to clean the underbrush, put down mulch and plant some new bushes, but it never ends

Last edited:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Was at work from 6am to 6pm, long day, yesterday was 6 to 5, tomorrow will be 6 to something... on my way home when I was about 6 miles from home a newer Camry pulled out in front of me, 55mph zone, I was doing a sane 62mph, within 1/2 mile I caught up with him at 52mph and followed close (2-3 car lengths) letting him know I was annoyed, he futzed with his rear view mirror probably turning on a rear view camera to catch me doing something dumb (no plans on that, fighting a cold after a long day, no energy for that), then he slammed on his brakes and swerved hard to miss a 6" diameter by 2" deep pot hole in the left rut (you can miss it staying in the lines without drama). That's about when I honked at him for being dumb which was apparently the trigger for him to drive down the center of the road swerving in the passing lane going 50? I hate people...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals