• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

useless tire jack

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Anyone try the damn scissor jack that came with the Fox Body Mustangs? Talk about a wobbly piece of junk.
I think that scissor jack works great. I've never had any problems with it before, and it fits right in with my spare tire. It just takes time, going a half crank at a time.

Nope it's the 2006. And both trucks were bought nearly brand new, so I know they both have the original jacks.

Looks like I need to start shopping for a bottle jack. And some new tires.
I bought a new bottlejack for that reason, and because I hat ethe feeling of spinning the jack like a hamster. The bottlejack even ALMOST failed me before, too. Jack it below the shock mount tab...thats been the best for me. But, if youre eve ron a highway shoulder, its good practice to carry with you an 8" piece of 2"x4"...it destributes weight better, and lifts the jack an extra 2 inches...:icon_thumby:

Pete

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
this actually reminded me to geta hold of a new jack! lol we had 2 or 3 lying around fixed one and am working on the other now :) cool and just got a busted junked toolbox from my neighbor so gonna try and get it fixed then i can store a bigger jack as my 96 has zero room for storage lol. Besides with a lift i'm sure the stock jack will be useless lol.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I've changed tires in my side lot on a dirt slope. The clutch was so bad, it wouldn't move on the flat. I blocked the off side wheels and used my mini floor jack on a piece of 2 X 10 with wedges to account for the slope. I wont change a tire on a busy road. I drive to the nearest parking lot and change it. The tire is toast and rims are cheap. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals