• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turbo/Supercharger Kit for 4.0l OHV?

motorida26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 - w/ 74k M
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone heard/seen one?

I cant seem to find any anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Dalton

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
not sure on the turbo, but I believe two companies made superchargers for the 4.0 I want to say paxton was one company. I think they stopped making the kit but if your lucky you can find something online used...

I would love to have a supercharged 4.0, that would be such a nice ride!

Also check in the forced induction forum on here, there might be info on there!

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Vortec and Paxton used to make them.....they are discontinued and hard to find now...

motorida26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 - w/ 74k M
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ahh. thats what i figured was up.

curse you older vehicles.

oh well. =].

theres enough stuff outthere to make a mean ohv ranger. that costs ALOT less. :icon_thumby:

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
If your any good with fabrication you can fab up a intake manifold out of like 2x6 steel tube that allows to mount a pontiac 3800 blower (cheap on ebay) on top of the 4.0L. Then you just have to mess with tuning the ol' EEC-IV to get it to run right. I'm thinking about getting a 96+ (so it has EEC-V) and doing this. I think it would be cool and could be done on the cheap.

rocket5979

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Have you given much thought to a STS Universal turbo kit? They offer more horsepower per pound of boost than any of the superchargers.

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just bought my 92 Ranger and it has the Paxton on it. No idea of specs. The gentleman who owned it previous passed away last year. The supercharger is currently unbelted. The 4.0 has headers and an MSD DIS-4 ignition but that's all i can tell you for certain. I suspect it may have a slighty warmer cam than stock also. Running as is it will break the new 35" BFG M/T's loose on take off. 65mph at 2400rpm so it not geared all that short either. I don't know much about supercharger's so I'm trying to find out more before i put the belt back on it. When it was sold to me they said it had been unhooked due to fuel mileage but worked fine still. Time will tell.

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I meant to mention i would love to have a manul for the install/maintenance if anyone ran across one. :)

'94RangerXLT420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just bought my 92 Ranger and it has the Paxton on it. No idea of specs. The gentleman who owned it previous passed away last year. The supercharger is currently unbelted. The 4.0 has headers and an MSD DIS-4 ignition but that's all i can tell you for certain. I suspect it may have a slighty warmer cam than stock also. Running as is it will break the new 35" BFG M/T's loose on take off. 65mph at 2400rpm so it not geared all that short either. I don't know much about supercharger's so I'm trying to find out more before i put the belt back on it. When it was sold to me they said it had been unhooked due to fuel mileage but worked fine still. Time will tell.
:worthless:

POSrangerlover

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Eaton makes superchargers. I was just looking at them and turbos a few days ago. sounds like you got a good deal. The superchargers alone can run around 4 grand.

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual

danger97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey I have a 97 ford ranger xlt 4.0 liter vy. I have a problem with findin g the supercharger.I was wondering if the man you was talking about making one could email or let me know about it if he manufactures one. Also if anyone could tell me where they sell piggybacks so I can buy or order one???

JPRanger03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
whoa, old thread

I know guys on here have messed around with Eaton superchargers from pontiacs, I believe they were M90's so you might want to search for that.

96DangerRanger4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV V6
Transmission
Manual
well I was thinking of a different idea though might require some auto fab skills as I am somewhat intending on installing a turbo from a ford 7.3l diesel on to my Ranger which is a 96 year model with the 4.0 ohv.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals