• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Truck almost overheating and brakes grabing? help please

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
hey yall yesterday i was driving through town and im from flordia so it was pretty hot well anyway my truck temp gage read about at the L of normal and i have only been driving for about 30 minutes and also i know i need new brakes but my front passenger brakes started grabing which in turn ofcorse made the truck get a little hotter and when i hit 40-45 mph it felt like my rearend was about to fall out and when i looked back my toolbox was shaking like crazy i checked my driveshaft and it seems pretty tight its not loose or anything also its a 5 speed manual and when my engine gets hot it gets real hard to shift do yall have any input or any help or even been here yourself i would really like to hear what yall think and thanks ahead of time

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Stuck brakes can cause a violent shake in the vehicle if the suspension cycles or if you hit the brakes yourself. Best have that problem fixed before anything. Most likely a seized piston caliper, but make sure to check it out whether you or a competent mechanic does it.

Does it ever get up to the little red bar on the Temp Gauge?

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
ok well thanks no my temp gage never gets up to the red bar and u know what since then its been fine so i dont know i am going to try to do the brakes this weekend i will keep yall updated and thanks again

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't worry about it unless it really starts overheating. Does it get hotter on the highway or at higher speeds?

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
well it seems to get the hottest when i am in stop and go traffic ive thinking that maybe my coolent aiant flowing right and thats what is causeing it so im going to try to flush the radiator this weekend also ive had the truck for two years and havent done alot to it the most major thing was my clutch witch that is mess up again to and u know minor maintaince so im sure that theres alot of stuff that i should do is there anywhere that i can find a list of things to do such as sensors to change and what that would make it run better cause this thing has so many sensers and wires i dont know were to begin u know

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd check your thermostat while your at it to make sure its opening fully. Also, check the fan clutch as well.

What's the mileage on your vehicle?

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
its about 170000 but im not positive and i checked my fan and it works fine so im really not sure whats happening u know i guess i just have to mess with it for a while u know thanks again for all the help

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
170k? I'm wondering if the water pump is slowly going out...

93redneckranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
Yeah 170k well, i sure hope that the pump is not going out slowly I have not had a problem with it shaking since that day I been driving around and it has not shaked. So Im just going to play it by ear Thanks for all the input its really helping me out I really ppreciate it!

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's no problem.

I only say because I just replaced my water pump at 139k cuz it started making noise. If you're not hearing anything then it's most likely fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals