• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tony Raine's Bronco II

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

jhammel85

Great build. Its cool that you still have that truck from when you were a kid.

I was wondering...What are the aftermarket wheels you had on it? I like those and I'm looking around for wheels for my truck. I think they would look pretty good.

Last edited:

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! :icon_thumby:

the black rims were Crager somethings, 15x10

the chrome ones are Pacer rims, i think the design is called "Rebel", 15x8. cheap price, great quality.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been doing little bits here and there, figured it was time for an update. Right now I’m in a “cleaning mode” since “purchase mode” is on hold for a little while.

Took the top cover off the trans so that I could clean the top cover separately. Also made a “lid” to go in place of the top cover so that the shifter wont get in the way when I test-fit the assembly

This little plastic piece is worn off. Can I get just these from somewhere? Or are they even important?

Close up of the 4x4 shifter, so I will remember how it goes back, haha

This bolt, that holds down the oil pickup tube, was stripped out when installed (just the end that holds the pickup tube. Not sure of the torque value of where it goes into the block, so I didn’t mess with it right now.

Put the fox pan on temporarily. Going to figure out where to put the dipstick when I test fit the motor, so it will come off again anyway. Also why I didn’t install the new pickup tube

Also took off the exhaust manifolds to make it easier to clean/paint the block. Going to engineer some covers for the exhaust ports so I don’t have to worry about junk getting inside while I work

Right now I am debating on what color to paint the block. I kinda like the pale “Old Ford Blue”

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
looking good.

Robert

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Been spending most of my wrench time on the parts rig and the brown BII, time to work on the ‘84 a little more. Took the rear hatch off of the gray parts rig (it has opening rear glass). Took the glass and weatherstripping out of it, gave it a light sand, and sprayed it with some satin black rattle can. I figure the whole rig will be rattle canned this color until I can get a decent paint job for it (nice paint comes last).

Old rear hatch

“New” rear hatch

The weather stripping for the window is dry and dirty, but crack-free. I’m going to scrub it in dish soap to get the funk off, then treat it with some Carmex (yeah, the lip balm). The brown BII also donated its (almost new) hatch struts, and it gets an older set instead.

Also started cleaning up the outside of the motor and painting it. Got one side done and had to see what it looked like in paint (old ford blue).

And finally, I picked up some 1” body lift pucks from Performance Accessories, some semi-gloss black Rustoleum enamel for under the hood (firewall, frame, inner fenders, etc….), and some other little things.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Good to see progress! Im Jealous of that T-case.. I'll swap you my behemoth of a T-case lol

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
didn't tinker very much today, but i did bolt the 'new" hatch on. still need to clean the funk off the window, but that's for another day

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good to see progress! Im Jealous of that T-case.. I'll swap you my behemoth of a T-case lol
Thanks!

Right now I am just doing little stuff until i can "test fit" the motor/trans/awesome t-case. I have all the parts i need, I just have to time it right, since I am doing this outside. I (finally) graduate from college on May 8, so that should open up some free time on a sunny weekend.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
looking good man

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Let me know how the lip balm works on the weather stripping, my Zx2 needs some help in that area.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Let me know how the lip balm works on the weather stripping, my Zx2 needs some help in that area.
haven't had time to mess with it yet. I just slapped the hatch on and went on to other stuff. I get easily side-tracked with piddly things, when i really need to get this motor in.

I have used carmex before (the carmex brand, in the little jar) on rubber weather stripping with good results. just make sure its really clean before you start.

Got the Body lift installed today

Before:

After:

Hopefully that will help with clearances for the V8 swap.

Also wrestled the hoist into my shed, and hung the V8 from it.

Since this will be just a “test fit,” I am not installing the clutch and flywheel.

My last final exam is Friday, so there won’t be any updates until sometime after that.

buell-eyed-devil

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0-ZF in process
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"body on new poly body mounts
Tire Size
My credo
Hey ya'll, watch this
I am doing the same basic thing. 302 4bbl c-4 auto,stock transfer case.

Last edited:

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got the V8 out of the shed today. Just came inside for a short break and figured I’d post up the pics of my progress so far

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Looking good! Are you going to have to trim your firewall seam?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals