• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Throttle Hookup

makeos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
I was wondering how people went about hooking up the throttle linkage. I'm pretty sure it's not the way they did it in mine.

84 B2 w/ FI 302 from 94 mustang

It is then routed over top the engine:

I don't know if this is the cause or not, but my throttle is real ...sticky..I guess you could say. It takes a good effort to push the pedal, but it doesn't have to move much for it to take off. Also, shifts out of 1st real quick..like the throttle is being pulled in some when your not even on the pedal. Hope this makes sense.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Mine is routed similarly, but goes behind the intake, not over it. The cable does not bind.
The end of the sheath on my '97 has a plastic connection, so it is just wedged into the corner of the cable bracket. I have zip tied it in the past (in place of your electrical tape) but has not had a zip tie on it for the past two years.

I had an issue with a sticking throttle- tough to first push the pedal. Swapped the cable, but it turned out to be a worn throttle body. The blade was sticking in the bore.

I see you only have one bolt in the bracket- does the cable bracket move around?

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Looks like it moves...

makeos

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Automatic
Good eye. I didn't even notice it. It was moving, so I put another bolt in it. My throttle body itself does seem to be sticking. The blade is hitting the bore and not wanting to let loose.
What it supposed to be in place of the electrical tape tho?

Thanks for the info.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
What it supposed to be in place of the electrical tape tho?
Zip tie, lol...

My Ranger cable is plastic, and snaps on place. Yours looks like it may have had a set screw.

I have my cable right in the corner of that bracket, closer to the intake manifold.
I just just modified that bracket minutes ago to re install my cruise control. Mounted the cruise cable for a much better shot. I didn't take any close-ups, though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals