• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

This thing rides like a......truck.......

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Blown said:
I recently eliminated about 100 lbs. of weight, aft of the rear axle. which has helped the handling.
How did you accomplish that?

And, how has it effected the ride?

wizkid00104

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994/2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/5.4L
Transmission
Manual
I'd venture to say it involved a sawzall or a cutting torch.

Unless it was the spare tire assembly and crank.

Sent from my iPhone

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That's what I was guessing except I didn't think the spare and crank weighed that much. Perhaps removing the rear bumper, too?

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just wanted to "complete the circle" on this thread; I installed the Monroe Sens-a-Track shocks on my Ranger last weekend (12/6/14). While I've only driven on them for two days, there is a noticeable difference from what was on there (which I have yet to ID). The ride is more 'compliant', I won't say it's 'softer' or 'more plush' because it's still pretty stiff but the tail doesn't kick sideways over washboard bumps and there is less harshness when encountering potholes, and the like.

I'm pretty pleased given that fact that one of the shocks was free ("Shocktober").

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No, I think I'm good. I had a '96 Explorer that had a 2" body lift. I cranked the front suspension up and added F150 leaves to the Ex's main leaf. That gave about 1.75" suspension lift. I'm not an engineer so messing with leaf packs is not for me (anymore). I had another member offer me some Ex leaf packs, for cheap (he was local). But, I just don't feel like taking that on. The last pick-up truck I drove was an F150 4x4, about 15 years ago. I must have been thinking about the ride on that truck, which was much more car like. The more I drive the Ranger, on the Monroe shocks, the better I like it. There are other projects, in the garage, that require more of my attention...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals