• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Things I have learned.

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
WOW! Took it out for a drive today. Don't have an oil pressure or Temp guage or boost control on it yet. Got the wastegate actuator hooked up direct to hold it to a minimum. In second gear and full throttle the turbo spools right up and you can feel the power come on. I like the sound of it. I forsee great things.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
WOW! Took it out for a drive today. Don't have an oil pressure or Temp guage or boost control on it yet. Got the wastegate actuator hooked up direct to hold it to a minimum. In second gear and full throttle the turbo spools right up and you can feel the power come on. I like the sound of it. I forsee great things.
There's nothing quite like boost! Good for you!

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Yup. gotta change the water pump. It was dripping when I got home today. Took the wife for a ride today. She says i'm gonna get a ticket. Oh, yeah!

Turbo-T

Supporting Member
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Been driving it for a week now. It has settled down and runs great.
Don't know if the gas guage is working right or not. It isn't moving down very fast. I'll have to top off the tank and check the mileage.
I'm trying to hook up the boost guage. Having trouble finding a 1/16 inch pipe tap. Yes, 1/16, not 1/8. It's a standard size, just not commonly used.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Can you just find a 1/16" to 1/8" adapter?

For mine I just hooked the gauge line to a in-line adapter then ran vacuum hose to a Tee fitting in an existing vacuum line.

Ric

...RedShred
U.S. Military - Veteran
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My 96 got 19ish with 18psi so long as I was paying attention to boost. With that, you're mileage is probably consistant with what the truck ran before the swap.
My biggest memory of mine, was the looks of those around it when the turbo spooled or during shifts under boost. 1st and 2nd gear shifts came quick, but with Ford's gearing in 3rd gear, it seemed ideal for the load necessary to demonstrate it's ability to gather gobs of actual speed. Get a quality A/F meter and pay attention to it.

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Been driving it for a week now. It has settled down and runs great.
Don't know if the gas guage is working right or not. It isn't moving down very fast. I'll have to top off the tank and check the mileage.
I'm trying to hook up the boost guage. Having trouble finding a 1/16 inch pipe tap. Yes, 1/16, not 1/8. It's a standard size, just not commonly used.
http://www.mcmaster.com

Item number 2525A171

They got it in left hand too. :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals