• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i got that mossberg out of a trade. wasn't to happy with it at first, but he didn't have cash.

so i took it out shooting and fell in love. its accurate as any 300 i've shot. shoots real sweet. i don't like the bolt throw (its a little higher than my savage or my dad's a-bolt). but just for target shooting and playing around w/ it, i LOVE it. so i'm happy with the deal my buddy and i worked out -- since he owed me $400. i honestly don't even know what the gun is worth lol. but i love it. just don't hunt w/ it for 2 reasons. 1- its to purdy 2- i dont have a set of dies for it yet to reload my own ammo.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
oh. i forgot my little 32. i think its pretty sweet lol

it was in my dad's first b2 when it caught fire... we have the stock holster and grips for it tho. at least the stock stuff wasn't on it when it was on fire.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it was in my dad's first b2 when it caught fire... we have the stock holster and grips for it tho. at least the stock stuff wasn't on it when it was on fire.
Did we shoot it too much or how does someone go about getting a gun to catch on fire? :icon_confused:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Did we shoot it too much or how does someone go about getting a gun to catch on fire? :icon_confused:
lol.. it was the b2 that caught fire. the electric doorlocks shorted (or so the fire people thing... who knows). the pistol was under the driver seat.

there was also about 400 rounds of 30-06's in there.. lol. fire department said it sounded like a war. we where at my grandparents house, just finished reloaded the night before. we always reloaded down there b/c my grandpaw enjoyed it so much. we were out to eat one night for dinner; when we came back, it was burnt :bawling: really sad, b/c i loved that brown b2. it had manual hubs and t/case but electric locks and windows.

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I like my 1100. I haven't found it picky at all. The only problem I've ever had was when I put it back together wrong...

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I like my 1100. I haven't found it picky at all. The only problem I've ever had was when I put it back together wrong...
that reminds me of the tales of the "Dreaded Bag of Ruger"

crbnunit

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
As a motorcycle mech. "back in the day" people would bring in a box of parts and want you to make it run... for no money! I'd point a the sign on the wall that listed labor costs. If I remember correctly it was $60/hr, $70/hr if you watched, $80/hr if you helped and $100/hr if you had already tried to fix it.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Haha that's great!

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Figured I'd show off some of my small collection, I got a Kel-tec SU16 on preorder, they're just making their way into Canada now, and a single stack Norinco 1911 in 9mm
One I really like is my vz58(semi-auto only receiver, duh) with an 18.5" chrome lined barrel to make it non-res in Canada. Bought it as a barreled receiver and installed a parts kit. The problem is I bought the barreled receiver 'as-is' and it happened to be one with bad head space. Need to get some funds to have it re-barreled. Lots of them in Canada now, AK47 is prohibited, so the vz58 has filled the market niche(cheap semi-auto chambered in 7.62soviet) previously held by the SKS.

First a 13" barrel stevens 305f in .22mag

Plainfield m1 Carbine with a slightly longer barrel length to be non-restricted in Canada. Magazines are also pinned to 5rds :( it's a Canadian thing for semi-auto centerfire rifles(a couple exceptions apply)

Howa Ranchland Security in .308win, my new deer rifle I picked up when I was in Alberta.

2011 Norinco m14, Chinese semi-auto only m14 copy. Under $500 and shoots like a dream.

Ruger 10/22 with a couple things added. Tech sight with a Fibre Optic front post, Butler Creek folding stock, VQ extended mag release, VQ edge extractor

And finally, my yugo m59 sks.

Spend most of my forum time on CanadianGunNutz.com

Last edited:

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cant remember if I posted in this thread or not. Dont really feel like going through that many pages to find out either:thefinger: Sure theres a few more pics that I forgot about.

Springfield Micro its never very far away

Ruger P95 IIRC

Ruger m77hawkeye .223

Huglu 28ga with .410 tubes

Smith&Wesson m3000 12ga

870 20ga left over krylon

winchester 94/22

Winchester m70XTR varmint .243. Burned the barrel out and sold it to pay rent. Shoulda had it rebarreled and sold sumthin else. Oh well

Savage 17HMR before bondo and paint

After bondo and paint

Smith&Wesson m3000 20ga

Remington 721 30-06

Last edited:

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
^^^ sweet guns man. I have a old ithica lever action .22 , 12ga 870, spartan 20ga, smith and wesson 44 mag, some other random 22's I know nothing about, Glock 20, and Not to mention my model 1894 Winchester 30-30 made in 1902 that my dad found in a barn. It was rotting under some hay bales that have been there for like 20 years and all the wood dissengrated but it still has the original nickle plating in good shape and the sadle hook. Its a sweet gun but kicks like no other. Don't shoot one without a stock! I almost lost a arm.:icon_rofl:

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Oh yea, I got a 94/22mag around too. Great fun for plinking.
Mud bogger, you got some wonderful country out there to play in.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Winchester m70XTR varmint .243. Burned the barrel out and sold it to pay rent. Shoulda had it rebarreled and sold sumthin else. Oh well
So how many pics did it take to to get that bare patch in the hill lined up with the end of the barrel to make it look like it is going off? :icon_confused:

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
LOL never noticed it until you mentioned it.

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Savage .223 Think its the modle 10 maybe 12. Hell I dunno, Its heavy ugly and I dont like it. Accurate though I'll give it that.

The only thing I have found the back seats in a ranger to be good for.

Couple savage 22's/ Ones a Premier, the other is a Premeir trailblazer

Walther P22. It jammed 5 outta 10 shots with almost every brand of ammo I could find. Wasnt accurate or remotely consistant at all. Sold it an bought a mkII 22/45 couldnt be happier.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals