• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SLR Performance Chips

RedneckRanger69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 L V6
Transmission
Manual
I saw an ad on this website called SLR Performance chips, and i clicked the icon and it took me this website where they sell Performance Chips that supposably give you an increase of 50 HP, 50 Ft/Ls Torque, and 3-6 MPG increase, and they only cost $69.99 + Shipping and Handling!!! Does anybody have an SLR chip on their 3.0 Ranger that got anywhere near these results. It almost sounds too good to be true! I dont believe you can get that much more horsepower, torque, and MPG increase for only $69.99! Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I dont believe you can get that much more horsepower, torque, and MPG increase for only $69.99!
Follow your instincts, you're right on. There's no way in hell you're getting that much of an increase by just a "chip". Use that money on a good tune up or something. :icon_thumby:

Pete

loneranger04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
a friend of mine bought one for his 05. no where near the performance it advertises. but still a noticable increase in MPG. but as pete stated save your money. put it towards a JET module or something that is proven. something i have learned from the guys around here. alot of things and a lot of advertisments are just hype.

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Most of those "Chips" are nothing more then a cute packaged resistor made to look 'high tech' Basically a .50cent part...sold for $20++ These clowns fly around Ebay like the plague. Buyer Beware.

S-

oldbaldy454

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 FFV
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, beware of ripoffs. There are many. I do not believe any HP ratings claims.

I have used the DynoBoost chip from MagnumTuning at
http://www.magnumtuning.com/index.phtml?op=termek_reszletes&termek_id=660&PHPSESSID=83c62501778d3addcfa751ddf467f4b6

It modifies the IAT sensor and two O2 sensor inputs to the PCM. This one is made in Hungary.
I've run with and with out the chip, and leave the chip enabled with control set CW to the max.

Helps with throttle response, not mpg, and if you've added a bigger air intake, it will keep up with air-fuel ratio needs.

Get a wiring diagram manual to make installation easier....
Its too easy to get things hosed up with so many leads/wires on the PCM connector.
My chip is mounted on the firewall near the fuse block with all wires all going to the PCM connector.

Good Luck !
JB

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals