• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rolled my 97.... nooooooo! :(

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It was black ice.. he clearly states that... in other words, the roads were all fine.....except this one spot.
Give the guy a break!
I thought that was a polar bear in your avatar for a second there. :D

You should have reported it , as long as you have collision you'd be alright. You likely would not be at fault due to road conditions and your truck would be repaired or you'd get a pay out. May I ask which road you are on?
His insurance would have been jacked as shit. He's young and already paying too much anyway.

TO THE OP. Yeah, you can just jack up the roof if it's not too bad. Or at least you can on older Rangers, my brother did it to his. Other than that most junkyards wont charge too much for a roof section. Call around and get some prices. Find someone with a welder and weld it in. That way it can be purdy again. :icon_rofl: Junk trucks can be bought whole for 200-300 dollars (US) around here. You might be able to find a clean one of those and swap cabs, and have parts left over as backup.

Is the damage just on the roof, sides, hood, or everything? If you have damage to the hood I'd replace that before driving it. The wind might catch under it and rip your latch, smashing the hood into your new windshield.

Last edited:

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
ya the tonka toy is one of my buddies brothers lol. ya ive went to dempsters a few times thats where ive always seen ur truck.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
im replacing everything hood fenders cab and bedsides. all of it is done the only thing i didnt dent was the tailgate and its half rotted away already.... i was gonna jack the roof out but i figured once to bend metal once its always easier the second time. plus i have a free replacement cab now so may as well do the safer thing. scrap yard wanted 200 bucks just for the roof skin
________
DolceSecretary

Last edited:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
ya the tonka toy is one of my buddies brothers lol. ya ive went to dempsters a few times thats where ive always seen ur truck.
ya i just started in september... im known as crash now... i rear ended someone in the work van in ocotber. actually my court date was the day i rolled my truck and x copper got me 0 points so i still work there. unfortunatly if u go there now all u will see is an exploder on 32s... till my ranger is fixed
________
Portable Weed Vaporizer

Last edited:

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
lol ya i heard x copper is good with helping at getting the least amount of points. ya i was in dempsters at the end of november i had to get the stuff that helps pass e test. but havent been there since.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
well i got a following too close ticket and a 25 over speeding ticket (speeding ticket was on my 1st day) and it cost me 825$ and that was a week ago... i havnt been having the best luck latley. until today that is
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wait, you got a speeding ticket, following too close ticket, and wrecked your truck all within a week of having your license? I'm assuming that's what "speeding ticket was on my 1st day" meant.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think he means first day working...

Glad you got a replacement cab and stuff cheap!

Sounds like you haven't had a good start off for work...

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
yes my 1st day working not havning my liscense ive had my liscense 3 years now and hadnt had a ticket until last sept... scince then things have gone down hill a little bit
im working on getting photos on photobucket they'll be on here in a few mins
________
Your1xFantasy cam

Last edited:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
these pics are gonna be outta order and im not explaining them all but ill say the dog was a present from my gf for our first christmas together and the 1st pic is wat my tail lights look like... :( 2ns is how there supposed to...

the last pic is the best pic i could find of it but its before the 33s or bodylift.
also i pulled my 33s and soft 8s off and put on some roll arounds to get it lower so its easier to work on
________
Hunkymuscle cam

Last edited:

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Damn... taht thing got F-ed up! The donor truck you are getting... is it in good shape? I would just swap the whole bodies on them and beds and then transfer the interior to it. pretty much every panel got dented somehow...

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
damn that sucks....now i know you aren't thinking of sueing for damages for this accident but wouldn't you have to sue under the assumption that you hit the pothole and lost control? And the fact that you told the cop that you were avoiding a deer and lost control would kind of cross up your stories....so i figure that lying to the cop even if you had higher insurance would have screwed your chances of having any kind of settlement with the city or county. Good luck with the repairs!

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
ya i never thought of the stories conflicting. but then again the cop never even talked to me as soon as he got there the tow truck driver told him that. actually the cop didnt even ask if i was ok. and ya im changing everything but the bed floor and front clip (im just changing the front fenders) the only thing i didnt dent was the tail gate... but it was bowed out anyways
________
JellyGirly cam

Last edited:

Aaron84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my first 1989 ford ranger I feel your pain.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals