• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rhino lining the lower body line

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind posting a few picture of your rides with rhino lining on the lower body line. I know it's popular with the 4x4 guys but I'm thinking of putting it on a lowered street truck.

Also the truck will be Getting a fresh coat of silver paint. Should I do the rhino lining before or after paint?

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
This has been brought up a bunch of times. Use the search function and see what you come up with. You can also Google it and there are a bunch of pictures of trucks that have the rocker areas done in either the smooth or the rough texture.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I can tell you when I got a quote from Line-X for doing the bed and the body it was over $900. Just something to keep in mind.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rhino lining is pretty thick and rough, you should look into a spray on can of bed liner like rustoleum or duplicolor..... one is way better than the other, but I can't remember which one unless I go out to the garage. id also post a pic of my truck with it, but im on my phone so I can't. I don't think it would look as good on a street truck as an offroad truck, plus you don't need the scratch protection as much and its a pain in the ass to clean and you can't get wax on it or you'll spend a good amount of time trying to get white wax marks off it. if you're set on two toning you're truck, id just use regular paint.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
^^^^ what he said.

Page 5 of my build thread there is a link to how mine was done for $150. And just to prove the toughness of it, when I rolled it, it got scuffed, no deep scratches, and hardly even cracked where the roof was creased.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
If you're going to paint and line it with something, do the paint first. It is hard to tape off a decent line along bed liners and spraying the liner last helps with keeping the edge of the paint from starting to flake since it won't stick to the liner very well.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
rhino lining is pretty thick and rough, you should look into a spray on can of bed liner like rustoleum or duplicolor..... one is way better than the other, but I can't remember which one unless I go out to the garage. id also post a pic of my truck with it, but im on my phone so I can't. I don't think it would look as good on a street truck as an offroad truck, plus you don't need the scratch protection as much and its a pain in the ass to clean and you can't get wax on it or you'll spend a good amount of time trying to get white wax marks off it. if you're set on two toning you're truck, id just use regular paint.
They are both black paint that fades to gray with sand mixed in it.

I used one for my grille guard and one for my rollbar, not overly impressed with either.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
look into raptor liner. it cost about 100 bucks with a gun and its very durable. ive used a lot of different brands.. its a 2 part urethane, can be sprayed different thicknesses and textures. i spray about 60 psi and it leaves a nice smooth finish. ive done it to my tailgate, rockers, bumpers. it holds up great!

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
look into raptor liner. it cost about 100 bucks with a gun and its very durable. ive used a lot of different brands.. its a 2 part urethane, can be sprayed different thicknesses and textures. i spray about 60 psi and it leaves a nice smooth finish. ive done it to my tailgate, rockers, bumpers. it holds up great!
X2^^^ that's what my ride was done with.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals