• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

respect for jeepers

edgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
me and my family owned jeeps al my life i bought my ranger as a daily driver but jeeps are still my trails rig just because i know all the ins and outs of the 4.0 ho but my 2wd ranger keeps up with my buddys zj no problem but what hes crawling over im redlining over haha.....i hate 2wd

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
While it is true that asswipes can drive any rig. I notice that it seems the guy wheeling a brand new Rig with a prof installed lift and 38's and so on and so fourth seem to be more assholeish then the guy driving a clapped out 84 F150 with spacers and bald 33's.

But there are exceptions to every rule.

later,
Dustin

edgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
While it is true that asswipes can drive any rig. I notice that it seems the guy wheeling a brand new Rig with a prof installed lift and 38's and so on and so fourth seem to be more assholeish then the guy driving a clapped out 84 F150 with spacers and bald 33's.

But there are exceptions to every rule.

later,
Dustin
thats very true the guys in their mall crawler 50 thousand dollar f350 are usually more of a douche the a guy with a geo tracker with no winshield haha

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
thats very true the guys in their mall crawler 50 thousand dollar f350 are usually more of a douche the a guy with a geo tracker with no winshield haha
:headbang:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
So cherokees are unibodies? i've been trying to research jeeps and learn a thing or two about them, with a fan base that heavy they can't be all that bad......... though John Deere is garbage and has a huge fan base.

Frank

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
So cherokees are unibodies? i've been trying to research jeeps and learn a thing or two about them, with a fan base that heavy they can't be all that bad......... though John Deere is garbage and has a huge fan base.

Frank
Yep the cherokees are unibody plenitful and cheap, with lockers built axles, lift, wheels and tires, body mods etc. I was able to do class 5 trails with a $4K rig and drive it to the trials on the highway

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
If I ever find a home for my Ranger other than with us, I will be getting another XJ. I really miss mine.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I'm very seriously thinking of selling out all my rangers and buy an international scout, and a international 3.4 ton.

Frank

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
see the only problem I have with that is he got you out ok. but a jeep is just too easy. a nissan pulled me out one time. but really if he has enough grip a L4 could prolly pull you out

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Beer tastes better on a Ford tailgate......

Frank
thats awsome. and as for all the problems with leaving that guy ouy there and taking his keys for being drunk. as i see it taking the keys is fine yes he may have died but as ppl said he woulda found wasy to stay warm and thats the kinda person who woulda killed themselves doing that stupid shit in the first place (the drinking and driving)
________
IOLITE REVEIW

Last edited:

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
thats awsome. and as for all the problems with leaving that guy ouy there and taking his keys for being drunk. as i see it taking the keys is fine yes he may have died but as ppl said he woulda found wasy to stay warm and thats the kinda person who woulda killed themselves doing that stupid shit in the first place (the drinking and driving)
That was my point, you might have said it better........Forest Gump said
stupid is as stupid does

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
the kid across the road form me was killed on august 7th of the last summer going to the potato fest. he was in the back seat wearing a seatbelt along with another kid ( 4 kids in the car) i grew up with this kid saw hime evry day for 9 years straight he was the first person to talk to me and be my friend when i moved to this town. he was 15 when he died (same with the kid in the passenger seat). the driver of his car had been drinking and decided to beat a car across an intersection. needeless to say he didnt make it. i have ZERO patience for drunk drivers.. to me theres no difference between drinking and driving and going and getting a gun.
________
thai property in Pattaya

Last edited:

Ranger97XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm very seriously thinking of selling out all my rangers and buy an international scout, and a international 3.4 ton.

Frank
hell yeah +1, I came across a scout on craigslist last summer, at the time didn't know what it was at the time so I did some research to figure out what exactly this jeep on steroids was. They are bad ass :headbang:

eric17mx

Frank
yes, finally someone who knows the truth too, john queer is garbage i do not know why certain people think they are so great, i have a friend who works at a john deere place where they sell and work on shit, never heard him ever say anything about deere but as soon as he works there man its the fukin best haha, just shit. id rather own a ford anyday.

Ruger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My family only owns fords, except for a 96 jeep cherokee that we use for hunting in. It's the only 4x4 that we own except for our 1990 f350 custome, but it's to long for the trails. Even our tractor is a Ford 6600, got to love ford. Hate John Deere...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals