• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

question...

tpking

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
got a friend that bought a truck from outa state paid via paypal. well he didnt make it to get the truck so he asked for a refund and the person is giving it to him. what can he do? problem is he had told paypal over the phone he had taken possession of the truck...

chillmiller

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 ohv
Transmission
Automatic
get his refund and go along with his business

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I'm not clear - what's the problem? From what you said, he is getting his money back.

tpking

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
no the guy wont sent the refund and my friend already told paypal he had recieved the truck...

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like he made a number of mistakes. Why doesn't he just go get the truck? If it was through ebay, once you commit to a purchase, you're committed and can't back out. Did he read the fine print before making this purchase?

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ya, no shit. Why the hell would you buy something and tell them you have it before you really do? According to the rules, the guy has his money and he gets to keep the truck.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
While I don't understand the reason for indicating to PayPal that he'd taken posession, that shouldn't really change the circumstances. If the seller still has the title and the vehicle, and no contract was made to purchase it, then PayPal really isn't the issue. I'd contact the police in his area and go from there. If you know an attorney that can give you a few minutes of free advice, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

tpking

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ya, no shit. Why the hell would you buy something and tell them you have it before you really do? According to the rules, the guy has his money and he gets to keep the truck.

he told them he had already picked up the truck so paypal would release the money to the seller.. so pretty much hes screwed himself over i believe

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
yup

i agree call the attorney and the cops if he hasent gotten the truck yet paid for it an has evidence of such a refusal of the seller to return any funds or produce the truck for the buyer is either fraud or posession of stolen property

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I've sold lots of stuff on Ebay, and bought lots of stuff. Lots of vehicles too. You friggen bought it, its yours sitting in my yard. Come and get it in the time we agreed on. When I buy something on Ebay, I go get it. There is no gray area for me. The system works on trust. Call the police if you want. Th seller should call them because your friend has abandoned his vehicle on his property. This is going to be a civil thing, not a criminal thing. The police aren't going to care. A judge will rule that your friend entered a contract by sending the money--and went out of his way to make sure the seller got it.

It's his vehicle. He needs to go get it. He didn't buy it from his mother. I hate it when I have people that think I'm raising them. It's his vehicle--tell him to spend his effort going to get it and not trying to sell it back to the former owner.

I have seen people re-auction it while it was still in the former owner's possession. He might try that. But I wouldn't go for it if I had sold it. I would be hounding the owner to come get it and not give me any bullshit. You bid, you won it's yours. That's the deal. You paid--it's REALLY yours.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals