• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Outrangerous Returns

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I can do all things thru Christ who strenghtens me
Hello guys;
haven't been on here in a while. The truck is running fine and I have put about 30k on the engine since swap but I'm getting itchy to do something.
I took the past year or so and redid a 1988 Mustang GT and it's up and running fine so now what?
I've been toying with the idea of pulling the ranger off the road for the winter and do some custom body work on it and repainting it.
I have some ideas and drawings.
maybe widen or tub the rear and hang some 14" meats on some new wheels out back, customize the rear end a bit, remove bumpers, new roll pan, new custom tail lights, remove tailgate handle, French to tag etc.
I'm thinking going to replace the rear window and put in a smaller oval or rectangular window. Have my eye on what I think is a late 40's GMC PU rear cab window.
Add some sheet metal around side windows for a special window treatment.
Haven't quite come up with a plan for the front end but I'd like to revamp the grill and headlights.
My truck is a step side edge so it already sits a little high so I'm going to drop the front end down 2 or 3 inches.
might look into some 18" wheels even, plenty of room.
Let me know what you think of the sketches, just some photo shop stuff.
I've been messing around with some sketch
Going to pull the engine out and freshen up the engine and engine bay.

Attachments

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Crooked license plate? looks like you are trying to modify the bed to look like a 50s era bed so that crooked plate would look dumb. Just my thoughts. Not a fan of the tail lights either. Galaxie style tail lights would look better.

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Crooked license plate? looks like you are trying to modify the bed to look like a 50s era bed so that crooked plate would look dumb. Just my thoughts. Not a fan of the tail lights either. Galaxie style tail lights would look better.
Thanks for looking
Just some rough drawings I've been kicking around. I've been looking at tail lights on everything I see as I drive around, looking for something that would look good and fit the truck. Since the bed is fiberglass I can make just about anything fit. The Volvo SUV has some kool wavy tail lights that look good.
I'm also going to widen the rear fenders a bit so I can fit a wider wheel out back. The stock tires won't hold anything with the 4.6 .
Just stuck the plate frame in there.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Idk what about some type of Lincoln brake light that stretches across the whole rear end.

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Corvette lights always look good. The C5 corvette lights that is. Simple but look good on anything. Wider fenders will definitely look good too. I always like the fade away paint job too where its a darker color on bottom and it fades to the lighter color.

Last edited:

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Corvette lights always look good. The C5 corvette lights that is. Simple but look good on anything. Wider fenders will definitely look good too. I always like the fade away paint job too where its a darker color on bottom and it fades to the lighter color.
I saw a honda suv with some cool rear lights that would look good turned upside down or even the volvo suv lights that go up the side. Decisions, decisions, whats a fellow to do

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals