• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Our New House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5L EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
It's beautiful! Congratulations. I'll bet the birds and forest critters wake you up in the morning and lull you to sleep at night. What a great place to live.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Nice place. I like the yard and the deck

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like it, i cant wait for the wife and i to buy a place. and yeah, add a garage STAT! i'll come over and help you build it

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
First Hurdle FTL:

The power got turned on today. On my lunch, went in and turned on all the breakers. When I flipped the one that controls the A/C, it makes a noise in the breaker box like a popping noise, but it doesnt sound like electrical popping. Then the breaker flips off. Damnit. Welcome to Home Ownership lol

After talking it over with a few people, it could be:

• bad breaker
  • short
  • bad compressor

First thing is first, gonna unplug the disconnect at the unit and flip the breaker. If it still does it, its either a short or the breaker. If it does nothing, I know its probably in the ac unit itself. Im no electrician or hvac guy, but have a little common sense. But any help would be greatly appreciated

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
does it sound like it's trying to trip? or is it a different noise?

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It doesnt sound like electrical popping if that s what you mean. just fast clicking and then the breaker flips

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'd start at the ac unit, maybe sure everything looks ok, then start small with a new breaker or fuse

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think ill do reverse. Ill isolate the breaker by pulling disconnect at the ac. Then flip the breaker. If it still does it, then its the breaker. If it doesnt (which im expecting unfortunately) then its in the unit or a short. Could be a capacitor or compressor. really pisses me off. I know it was all going too good lol. But thats a part of home ownership I guess

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
it may just need to be "summerized". if the house has been vacant for a little while and it hasnt been run since last year, the unit could just need to be serviced. but i like your idea better lol

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
I think ill do reverse. Ill isolate the breaker by pulling disconnect at the ac. Then flip the breaker. If it still does it, then its the breaker. If it doesnt (which im expecting unfortunately) then its in the unit or a short. Could be a capacitor or compressor. really pisses me off. I know it was all going too good lol. But thats a part of home ownership I guess
I worked HVAC/electrical for 5 years in Michigan.

What you are doing is what I would do first. Isolate the breaker just to make sure that is not the cause. I suspect the latter though. If the unit really is the blame, look at the capacitor first. Normally if they are bad, they will be mis-shappen or bubbled. Otherwise, unless you have a multimeter electrical tester you can't do much with the compressor. Of course, it could be the fan, the fan capacitor or the contactor for the equipment also so, it is not necessarily always terribly expensive.

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Don't know if you have fire ants where you live but if you do check the electricals for those bastards- they get in the contacts and can play hell. Check reset buttons too and if one is tripped make sure all the fans are freewheeling and working. Had a squirrel cage start locking up on me one time and it popped the reset button out. Also, try turning the breaker on with the unit off inside the house, then try the heat first, then A/C to see which side of the sucker is tripping the breaker. Nice-ass house, very clean looking. Where is MA N.C.? Let us know what they find out...

v-8power

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Congrats on the new place. Nothing like home ownership. LOL

Louisville86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Good-looking house; a home is the best investment you will ever make, even if the maintenance can be a headache sometimes. My house is from 1924 but isn't really a lot of trouble.

Love the woods; my buddy has a house outside of Richmond (VA) that is in a wooded area. It's great to just sit on the porch and have a beer and enjoy being out in the country.

I like the red shutters; they almost match your Ranger!

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'd start at the ac unit, maybe sure everything looks ok, then start small with a new breaker or fuse
This happened to a friend of mine. Upon further investigation, a bird had made a nest inside the unit. Of course the nest was removed promptly & no more worries-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals