• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New tires

z3ro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
There, now that i got you to look in this thread, thinking i was gonna post pix of new tires, im gonna ask a question instead. Tricky tricky!

My question is:
Are retreads good enough for very mild off roading? My truck is 4wd-less, and is mostly used for city and highway driving. Anyone have any experience with them? I dont wanna be cruisin down the freeway and have one of these things blow out :(

Also, if retreads are a step in the wrong direction, can anyone recommend some budget 33's (its an oxymoron i know). Im lookin at ATs rather then swampers

Thanks,
Josh

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
A retread shouldnt be run on a passenger vehicle that sees street driving. You could if you wanted to, it is really up to you. If your on a budget go to a tire dealer and check into one of thier credit plans. Usually the payment is like $75 a month, then just get what you want. You will really hate having a cheap set of tires that every time you drive it the truck shakes because they are out of round.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals