• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Ranger; source for new seats?

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
hey all,

a month or so ago I rolled my 94 Splash. Country road, hit some ice and slush, various spinning across the road ensued, hit a muddy ditch going sideways. my rear leaves broke, and suddenly I was upside down. Things could have been worse, nobody got hurt.

Now I've got a 2002 xlt off-road. this picture is it at the dealer's lot.

It's real nice, there's just been a few minor things here and there i've had to do, like some blown dash lights and adjusting the doors to get the door ajar light to go away.

I'm running some black stock steelies off of CL with the silver center caps, with Cooper Discoverer M+S. I work night shift and much of driving is at 4-5am when the roads are shittiest up here in Buffalo, so some good snow's for winter were justified.

There's not too many plans for the truck- my off-roading is frequent, but not too extreme. I plan to crank the t-bars in the spring. Also in the spring the stock Alcoa's are going back on, with some Cooper Discoverer A/T3.

Mostly right now I'm wanting to ditch the bucket seats. I'm the kind of guy that thinks trucks need bench seats. What is the best source for a 60/40 bench for 2001+ trucks in the black with grey insert? Buffalo CL isn't the greatest for things like that.

-zt

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
yup, working on that. we've only got two u-pull-its around here. one usually only has around ten rangers at any given time, and NEVER anything newer than 2000. mostly cars. the other has better stock, but their hours and my work hours frequently don't line up. are there any online sources for OEM ranger seats?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A solid bench will probably most likely be found in standard cabs and 2wd... probably suplimenting a white paint job with some companies name on the door.

60/40 split bench is as probably as close as you are going to get in the colors you want.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
With the bracket differences, he will almost be stuck with a split bench if he doesn't want to do some fab work to get it attached.

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah i figure much the same. 60/40 is my preference anyway. anything but the buckets and that crappy creaky plastic center console.

EMB1230

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
The last year of the FULL bench seat in a Ranger was 1997, and unfortunately, they ONLY came in vinyl.

crankyjew2d2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Flex
Transmission
Automatic
one of the local yards got in a silver 2004 ex-cab with the black and grey 60/40 today, lucky! they'll give them to me for $100, i'll try to get them to come down a bit. grabbed the radio out that truck today too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals