• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need user title suggestions

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's actually 93 cents right now. it was at 98 cents last week, we became close to become the standard AGAIN. yes it changed, and i didn't notice
I was joking about where you had $0.196 American equal to $0.02 Canadian, missing a zero :icon_twisted: I have no idea on the exchange rate, I looked it up on Google.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
im with those who thinks post counts are useless. An posts like +1 and a smiley, just blunder up threads. Im a moderator on another ranger forum, and I hate posts like that. They dont add anything to the thread.

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
hold it, i didn't say all people with high post counts are dicks. i said "it is waaaay to easy to be a dick and drive your post count up because it means waaaay too much to you."

i didn't say makg was a dick because he has a high post count, or anyone else. i was simply implying that those people who do what i said, hmm, what was it, oh, yeah "...posting all the dirty jokes you can find, all the flaming and berating you can do..."
You're missing things here though and that's where the problem is.
1. You don't have to have a high post count or care about post count to be a dick, berate or post jokes
2. I didn't say you called MAKG a dick though I made an over generalization that was based on more posts than yours (i'll admit)
3. What you're saying is more about ATTITUDE than what a person is posting. You CAN leave plenty of technical advice and yet berate, flame and be a general dick head.

as for interesting, look at what we both wrote about just posting a smiley, or a +1 i wrote:

"...post padding, as well. when someone posts just a smiley, or BUMP, or my favourite, ' +1 ' , does that count as a post, a REAL post, or should that be counted."

you wrote, and i quote, "A +1 or smiley is sometimes a nice addition to a thread even if it is spam somtimes..."

so, by that, you are implying, that it is in fact okay for me to do this to drive my post up (the only way i said you could be a dick, btw), as long as i don't tell anyone that this is why i'm doing it...even a nice addition is it not?
NO, I'm not implying that at all. As a matter of fact there is nothing implied it is clearly stated that smilies or a +1 can add to a post sometimes. It's not always worth while but certainly can be (especially if someone is asking for advice and people give the +1 in agreement to something). If someone is randomly putting smilies or whatever all over the site for no reason it's pretty dumb but that doesn't mean someone that posts a smiley in legitimate fashion should be penalized when it has a genuine purpose.
[/quote]

look, dude, i'm really not trying to start a pissing match, i just don't think post counts are important. you obviously do, and since we're divided, I'd say the horse is dead and we should stop whipping it. mr. oaks asked for our opinions, and he got them.
I don't see a "pissing match" rather than a discussion of good vs bad. If you're that INTO this that you think it's a pissing match than I guess that's just how it is. Post count serve a purpose that isn't just for tech and I just don't think you realize how much administration would have to go into actually separating the two (what's going to stop someone from going over the tech section and posting junk ---- this would then put more work to the mods etc etc.) ideas that you have.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
1. You don't have to have a high post count or care about post count to be a dick, berate or post jokes
I'll completely agree to that. I'm a dick regardless of my post count.:icon_cheers:

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'll completely agree to that. I'm a dick regardless of my post count.:icon_cheers:
lol, to add my $.02 to this thread, over on RPS I have a good number of posts, but there are people over there with just a few that I go to for auto advice because regardless of the fact that they have a small number of posts, their posts are quality and informative, my point is this, if you don't like post counts, here's an idea, ignore them, as for people that wanna spam post to be at the top, let them, the mods/admins will catch on to what they are doing and put a stop to it, that's my opinion, take it as a grain of salt.

warhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
<10 - F-ing New Guy
<50 - This is neat-o
<100 - I can't stay away
<250 - This place is glorious
<500 - I rock at posting
<750 - I love this place
<1000 - Post Whore
<1250 - My hands hurt
<1500 - TRS Addict
<1750 - I can't feel my hands
<2000 - Karple Tunnel Victim
>2000 - I have CRT Poisoning

bdeuce

Reaction score
1. You don't have to have a high post count or care about post count to be a dick, berate or post jokes....

....Post count serve a purpose that isn't just for tech and I just don't think you realize how much administration would have to go into...

number 1 - I really hate to yell, but YOU CAN BE A DICK WITHOUT A HIGH POST COUNT. I NEVER SAID PEOPLE WITH HIGH POST COUNTS WERE DICKS I STATED THAT YOU WOULD BE A DICK BY PADDING POSTS. honestly, read the f0cking words i'm typing. see? i have a low post count, and i'm being a dick. perfect example. once again, so you don't call me on it again, i never said that people with low post count were incapable of being dicks. got that yet?

number 2 - other forum sites out there, and other vbulletin forums i frequent have the system in place where your posts in general do not count to your post count. can't be that hard, can it?

do you see my point? for example, i go to a fabrication site called machine builders network, and they do not have this system in place. guys have over 4000 posts, because they spend all their time making stupid f0cking jokes about the color of your tractor (red, green, or whatever). i don't have a tractor, however i do fabricate and contribute to the site ALOT. i feel i contribute more than these old f0ckers that have nothing better to do than post stupid bs about the colour of someones' tractor, rather than actually add to the design of something in fabrication. do you see my point? what if all the posts i ever made bashed on exploders. huh? what if i hated all green and blue exploders, so that all my 1800 (optimistic, possible) posts reflected on how the bronco ii was better, NEVER adding to anything. do you see my point?

that website would be alot better, if that system was in place. the retard redneck that never fabbed anything would have 11 posts instead of 3000. i know what your saying about contribution - yes contribution is what it is, but what i'm talking about is rewarding posts with relevant, pertinent contribution. do you see my point?

i do see your point, and i hope that is a start in the right direction.

like i said before, jim oaks asked for opinions on user title suggestions, not whether post count should matter or not. i think we should return this severely highjacked thread to it's intended purpose.

envious8420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i ve got to agree, post count doesnt matter.
some of you may know me or my truck, ive been in and out of here for years and this is like the 3rd time ive had to reg.
so post count dont mean squat.

so i think you should use random generalizations , ie stock, lifted,slammed, reflector collecter

bdeuce

Reaction score
i agree with envious. is there a way to make my post count say 'nil' or always be at zero? maybe if it could say a word instead of a number, users could opt out of the whole post count thing. i would. i'd like to.

bdeuce

or

bdeuce

maybe

bdeuce

i'd upgrade to premium membership if i could do that. i'd pay a year up front if my posts could be numbered as 'yep'.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i agree with envious. is there a way to make my post count say 'nil' or always be at zero? maybe if it could say a word instead of a number, users could opt out of the whole post count thing. i would. i'd like to.

bdeuce

or

bdeuce

maybe

bdeuce

i'd upgrade to premium membership if i could do that. i'd pay a year up front if my posts could be numbered as 'yep'.
I really like this idea.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had another board for a while and I had mine setup as such:

1000 - Post Whore
750 - Addict
500 - I have no life
250 - Here to Much
100 - Member
0 - Newb

DK27

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
number 1 - I really hate to yell, but YOU CAN BE A DICK WITHOUT A HIGH POST COUNT. I NEVER SAID PEOPLE WITH HIGH POST COUNTS WERE DICKS I STATED THAT YOU WOULD BE A DICK BY PADDING POSTS. honestly, read the f0cking words i'm typing. see? i have a low post count, and i'm being a dick. perfect example. once again, so you don't call me on it again, i never said that people with low post count were incapable of being dicks. got that yet?
Ugh, really man, you can make personal attacks all you want but it doesn't help your side of the discussion at all...

You, yet again, had the point go flying over your head. The point is, a jerk is a jerk is a jerk. You take the post count away and they're still going to be a jerk. Also, since you want to speak of reading comprehension, please find a spot in most post that said you're stating people have to have a high post count to be a dick. Then reread this whole paragraph.

number 2 - other forum sites out there, and other vbulletin forums i frequent have the system in place where your posts in general do not count to your post count. can't be that hard, can it?

do you see my point? for example, i go to a fabrication site called machine builders network, and they do not have this system in place. guys have over 4000 posts, because they spend all their time making stupid f0cking jokes about the color of your tractor (red, green, or whatever). i don't have a tractor, however i do fabricate and contribute to the site ALOT. i feel i contribute more than these old f0ckers that have nothing better to do than post stupid bs about the colour of someones' tractor, rather than actually add to the design of something in fabrication. do you see my point? what if all the posts i ever made bashed on exploders. huh? what if i hated all green and blue exploders, so that all my 1800 (optimistic, possible) posts reflected on how the bronco ii was better, NEVER adding to anything. do you see my point?

that website would be alot better, if that system was in place. the retard redneck that never fabbed anything would have 11 posts instead of 3000. i know what your saying about contribution - yes contribution is what it is, but what i'm talking about is rewarding posts with relevant, pertinent contribution. do you see my point?
Once again...missed the point so let me explain it to you. What I was saying is that your proposal isn't really eliminating a problem it's just MOVING it and also (at the same time) creating more problems (work / administration) for the rest of the board. Sure, it would help some but on a board like this that really isn't that big it's not a necessity. This leads to the next point...

The single biggest flaw with everything you've proposed is that you simply DO NOT LIKE post count and based on the ABOVE you sound more jealous of people with post counts higher than yours because they might not be adding technical discussion the whole time. Just because it is something you do not like does not mean it does not benefit the discussion board in anyway. You will always have "spam" in some capacity on anything that is on the internet but there is not a reason to say someones funny joke of the day (that maybe 10 people enjoy reading and like) is a bad post because it's not about brakes.

Really, the rep system if used right can help with what you're saying. You, honestly, do seem to have a personal vendetta against posters that are non-technical getting some love which is maybe why you find the need to attack me in this discussion but you still have made very little to add to your side.

i do see your point, and i hope that is a start in the right direction.

like i said before, jim oaks asked for opinions on user title suggestions, not whether post count should matter or not. i think we should return this severely highjacked thread to it's intended purpose.
Ya, you're right, but when someone accuses me of not being able to "f0cking read" I feel the need to respond. :cool:

-------------------------
Actual thread :

I like....

n00b
Vet
Pro
All-Pro
Hall of Fame
Deity

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Here is my take on it (and yes I am a post whore) I have an rss fed from chevytalk.org. I have noticed the best tech comes from guys that have a relatively low post count for the amount of time they have been registered members, I have maybe 15 posts over there for the 3 years I have been registered. I have also noticed that it is not the same community like it is here. If I have a question about my Toyotas I ask here first because the Toyota guys are mostly snobs, noo sence of community or helping a brother toyota out, if I have a question about my GMC or my motorhome I ask Will. There may be alot of post whoring here (more than any other board I use) but it also leads to a sence of community, especially when you can get MAKG to show his sence of humor. so alot of the ridiculous may seem to be a waste of server space but it is not, its what makes us all family.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals