• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need to find out....

94_PurpsRange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
30" all terrain
My credo
Pitter-patter, let’s get at ‘er.
Hey guys i have a question for you... I have a buddy of mine that has a beautiful ranger with a massive amount of work done to it.. anyways he gave me these coil spacers to get my front end a little higher up and i am wondering if they are going to work for my rig ..

I have a 1994 XLT 2WD 4.0L and this is what i have been given..

1714775160619.png

Can you tell me if these are going to work on my rig or not?

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
They will throw your alignment off and give you very bad tire wear. If you do go ahead and use them, you will have to take it to a alignment shop. They may say they can't get it back in, in which case you will have to take the spacers back out.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
They will throw your alignment off and give you very bad tire wear. If you do go ahead and use them, you will have to take it to a alignment shop. They may say they can't get it back in, in which case you will have to take the spacers back out.
Just have to get an aftermarket camber adjuster

94_PurpsRange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
30" all terrain
My credo
Pitter-patter, let’s get at ‘er.
Ok thanks for the updates on this... I would like to lift my ranger eventually... but mostly I want to get rid of the stink bug look I have going on.
Would a 2" lift kit take care of this for me? Also, I get why a lot of people look at the 2WD guys that lift their rangers weird, but I like to go hit some trails and I need the truck a little higher for clearance... and I will also eventually swap from 2WD to 4WD.. just takes some time... Would a body lift do what I want?

I am fairly new to the offroad scene... Once upon a time I was a street guy... Lowered and boosted cars... but in my older age I have decided I want to up not down. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
If you want to lift the suspension, buy a lift kit with all the brackets and stuff in it. Don't buy just spring spacers.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
183 ci of tire shredding power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
drives a stick shift ranger
Or body spacers. Thats a terrible looking lift and doesnt actually give you more clearance over stuff, it just raises the body off the frame.

Get a suspension lift

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
The lowest part on any truck is going to be the axles, so bigger tires and suspension is where you need to focus for off-road clearance. Those coil spacers may or may not work on your truck, it’s been quite a few years since I did anything with the TIB front that you have. I just don’t exactly remember how it was done on those, I know the 4x4 trucks usually had enough thread to put some kind of spacer under the coils. Some states don’t allow coil spacers though so you might want to check inspection regulations if your state does inspections.

The only real benefit to a body lift is that it can provide better access to things like engine and transmission. My Choptop has a 2” body lift, mostly because I needed the body mounts replaced and it was the cheapest way to get new bolts at the time. My 88 is getting a 1” body lift because an extra inch of room will make it easier to work on the driveline. Technically body lifts allow for bigger tires too, but you already have nice large wheel openings as opposed to the first and second gen trucks so probably not really worth it. Suspension lifts help with bigger tires and give you more clearance for the frame, which your frame in the middle (or anything that hangs below the frame is your next closest thing to the ground after the axles. Body lifts just lift the body, not the frame. Off-roading is all about ground clearance. That’s suspension and tires. Unless you go exotic and get portals, lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals