• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with information on swapping in a 302

JustinWaggoner98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hi everyone. I have a 1986 ford ranger extra cab 4x4. It has a 2.9 v6 in it now with the manual 5 speed transmission. I would love to put a 302 sbf in it. What do I all need to do and change inorder to do this swap. I want to keep it a 5 speed manual. What transmission would I need and what transfer case. And what else would I need to do. Please break it down as simply as possible on what needs to be changed. I also don't want to put in a wire harness or anything like that. I want to keep it carbureted not fuel injected. Thank you so very much I really appreciate it.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Here's a good article that explains it all, from the motor mounts, exhaust, transmissions, etc. If you are going to drive reasonably without doing burnouts, the article explains an adapter made by Advance Adapters that will mate your original 5 speed to the v8 using a bellhousing from a f150.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals