• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Thats the problem with my 2.3, it runs really good, but every once in awhile when I look in the mirror is will smoke like crazy, then clear up, also it leaks oil like a rusted bucket.

Robert

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I definitely agree with you there, they are steep. Some times they do have something I haven't been able to find anywhere else though. And to find it new.. that's even better sometimes. Only reason I brought it up was in case there's a little something somewhere that you can't find anywhere else. I'm a firm believer in eBay, haha.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats the problem with my 2.3, it runs really good, but every once in awhile when I look in the mirror is will smoke like crazy, then clear up, also it leaks oil like a rusted bucket.

Robert
You should be able to find a good one in a JY.. They used those motors in everything.. I would go with a 4.0 Converstion if I had to pull the engine if it were me...

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I definitely agree with you there, they are steep. Some times they do have something I haven't been able to find anywhere else though. And to find it new.. that's even better sometimes. Only reason I brought it up was in case there's a little something somewhere that you can't find anywhere else. I'm a firm believer in eBay, haha.
I appreciate all the info from everyone.. So far there hasn't been anything I couldn't find.. but I know what you are saying.. I need to get the belt moldings for the doors.. May go with LMC on those but I found then for cheap by using google.. Really I just want to paint!!!

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
WOW! Multi, you're alive!

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
I appreciate all the info from everyone.. So far there hasn't been anything I couldn't find.. but I know what you are saying.. I need to get the belt moldings for the doors.. May go with LMC on those but I found then for cheap by using google.. Really I just want to paint!!!
JC Whitney has the window molding and window scrapers for the Rangers.

Robert

puty72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Automatic
been reading into you build and it looks really good. i didnt know if you were still looking for a idea for the lights in the grill. this is what i did all i had to do is cut the thin pieces out.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nah Putty. I gave up on the grill lights.. I am just going to put some in the lower air dam. Thanks Bud!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
WOW! Multi, you're alive!
Dude I am still alive!! A lot has happend. lost girl friend but cleared the way for more weekends on the truck! Have new girlfriend that is much better than old girl friend!! I hope you are having a good year so far.. Weather is warming up so it's getting time to get back on the job!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Latest progress report.. Battery died since she hasn't been started in quite a while. Ordered all new urathane cab and suspention bushings from Prothane. haven't got em yet but they should be on the way. Also ordered new gas filler tube.. I haven't done a thing to the truck this year at all but that is about to change soon!!!

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
WEll, good to hear things are going great for you. And I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the truck. Let's shake this baby!

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
Latest progress report.. Battery died since she hasn't been started in quite a while. Ordered all new urathane cab and suspention bushings from Prothane. haven't got em yet but they should be on the way. Also ordered new gas filler tube.. I haven't done a thing to the truck this year at all but that is about to change soon!!!
need you one of those battery tender :icon_thumby:

I swear by them, when I bought my lawnmower, the battery went bad from sitting for 4 months, I had to buy another battery, so I also bought a battery tender, and I haven't had problems from this battery for 6 years now, and this battery is one of the cheap Wal-Mart brands.

Robert

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
OMG! If i needed insperation to restore my old truck i just got it....!

lol

As for thelights I kinda like the cut out part of the bumper and put some lights in there... Like 2 5x7's right next to eachother...

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got the Urithane bushings finally.. The bad news I had to work last weekend both days and this weekend i am stuck putting a new rebuilt tranny along with new clutch, axles, and wheelbearings in my Honda.. I am gonna try to at least get the leaf spring bushings in this weekend!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals